Enlightened
So it is a WAG

Thanks for confirming

So you are basing this on ONE trip

AND it took overnight to charge

Funny, it has NEVER taken me "overnight" to fill any of my ICE vehicles

So again, a WAG

Thanks for confirming this AGAIN
What is a WAG? A dog thing? My wife has gone to Portland twice. The second time left late. It was both convenient and free to charge at a slower and free rate. Got sleep at the right time also. When was the last time you got free gas? It only takes me 10 seconds to plug in.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was in a car underwater. The door light still worked. An electric motor will happily run underwater.

I was in Germany on a group trip. I was 17. We saw a car in the water and my lousy German wasn't good enough to communicate with the locals. I got the feeling someone might still be in the auto so I jumped in. All I saw was a floor mat swirling around. Illumination was good and from the dome light.

As with most things you've posted here, I do NOT believe you

I think your "story" is a steaming pile of :poop:

Did I mention that I do NOT believe you?

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's great, you went 135 miles!

Let us know how you do when you have a 300+ mile trip (one way), so make that 600+ miles

Better yet, a 500+ mile trip (one way), so make that 1,000+ miles
My friend with an electrical background has been driving an EV (Tesla) for a while now and he takes reasonably long trips and drives his vehicle for work.

On the east coast, we have Wawa, a gas station that put in a few superchargers at most of their locations. He claims that he can stop for about 20 minutes, go to the bathroom, get a snack and the vehicle will go from 20% battery to 80% battery. He says what percentage you are charging the battery at affects the charging speed.

The biggest advantage to the Tesla seems like the navigation software that tells you where you should charge. There are a few reliable charging locations and a lot of terrible charging locations.

Photolunatic

Newly Enlightened
EV's are just a propaganda, having nothing to do with truth and being 'green'.
One battery dumped to the lake can pollute it all. I have seen the whole fields filled with broken EV's. Do folk really think that this is environmentally friendly?

Attachments

• photo_2024-06-17_10-15-19.jpg
    photo_2024-06-17_10-15-19.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 19
  • photo_2024-06-15_23-13-37.jpg
    photo_2024-06-15_23-13-37.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 19

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is a WAG? A dog thing? My wife has gone to Portland twice. The second time left late. It was both convenient and free to charge at a slower and free rate. Got sleep at the right time also. When was the last time you got free gas? It only takes me 10 seconds to plug in.

WAG = Wild A## Guess, which is ALL you have

mrfixitman

Enlightened

As with most things you've posted here, I do NOT believe you

I think your "story" is a steaming pile of :poop:

Did I mention that I do NOT believe you?
WAG = Wild A## Guess, which is ALL you have
No not a wild guess. Most of my posts are personal experience backed up by web content. What you peddle is stinky. Not me.

mrfixitman

Enlightened
My friend with an electrical background has been driving an EV (Tesla) for a while now and he takes reasonably long trips and drives his vehicle for work.

On the east coast, we have Wawa, a gas station that put in a few superchargers at most of their locations. He claims that he can stop for about 20 minutes, go to the bathroom, get a snack and the vehicle will go from 20% battery to 80% battery. He says what percentage you are charging the battery at affects the charging speed.

The biggest advantage to the Tesla seems like the navigation software that tells you where you should charge. There are a few reliable charging locations and a lot of terrible charging locations.
This is the typical experience of a Tesla owner. Beware your trip experience in a non Tesla. Until one gets an adapter or goes to modified CCS stations you are at the mercy of Electrify America, brought to you by VW as a penalty for cheating. I wonder what Toyota's penalty for cheating on safety standards for crash tests will be. I hope someone goes to jail.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has mrfixitman ever contributed anything to do with flashlights?

Photos... or this dude is AI ?

Edit: 🤖
Not really, no, Nothing meaningful at least.
Definitely not an AI, a bot maybe, There is no I in his posts whatsoever, at least there was none before i put him on ignore, doubt anything changed

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Nope! Someone as fanatically obsessed and close-minded as that is definitely not a Bot. You can't program that type of mentality into a Bot.

Edit: Clarification.

Last edited:

mrfixitman

Enlightened
I believe you fixitman. Hopefully you will be careful with content and word choice.

And I did respond in your Russian dynamo flashlight thread.
Yes. I think my strategy of mostly urls doesn't break the rules. Truthful content can't be argued with as much as opinion. Hard to argue against Ohm's Law.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I enjoy rescuing broken or underperforming devices of all kinds.View attachment 63646

You do realize it took fossil fuel to make that bowl, right? Same with that spoon? 😱
And wait... is that plastic in that drinking cup? And flashlight? And don't forget the table.... the paint on the doorway comes from what?

I get that you are for helping reduce pollution but if every car in America suddenly stopped there'd still be a bunch of pollution. A bunch.

America is pretty clean compared to developing nations and those that send us lots and lots of exports. Wanna save the planet? Then fix those places too.