most expensive led light

ssteven1

Newly Enlightened
Here are led lights for the millonares out there. 1500$ for a 2 led light seems about right.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

http://www.iainsinclair.com/products/default.htm

bikeNomad

Newly Enlightened
I especially like the translucent one (the EON Ice) that has a fake chip in it to make you think it's using something other than the internal resistance of the coin cells.

LED-FX

Enlightened
In common with certain other manufacturers in the LED arena,this guy has made a dash for the patent shop:

GB2336657

View it online at:
http://gb.espacenet.com/

"Claims

What is claimed is:

1. An improved portable electric light including an LED with a high internal resistance, said improvement comprising overrunning the LED to achieve a maximum lux.

2. A light according to claim 1 wherein the source of electrical power provides a DC output.

3. A light according to claims 1 comprising a plurality of LEDs with a high internal resistance.

4. A light according to claim 1, wherein the LED has a threshold voltage of about 3 volts or higher."

An LED with a high internal resistance,er,electronics is not my main field but,is something not very wrong here?

Something about efficiency getting better as he over runs it...?!

Thought LEDs were more efficient being underrun,light out for power in.

Guys please help me out here have I misunderstood or has someone else misunderstood?

Thanks
Adam

bikeNomad

Newly Enlightened
What a brilliant patent: "I found that I could overdrive some LEDs without destroying them, so I'm patenting it".

And I thought the US was leading the world in stupid patents.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
But guys.....come on now!! It says it's a limited edition & Commemorates the Third Millemium...!!! Isn't that worth at least $1500?? Come on. Where is your sence of value?!?!
laugh1blue.gif
TX

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Reminds me of the late night commercial where they're selling a MiniMag with a 5mm LED and lithium battery in it.

"Twelve thousand hours of life", they claim.

The commercial doesn't say how much it costs, so I bet you're in for quite a sales pitch when you call the 800 number.

LED-FX

Enlightened
Guess patents are somewhat of a sore point with me.....

Famous cases involve the Vari Lite Vs High End stage lighting case which didn`t really do anyone any good.

Another large LED lighting concern who seem to pour more money into litigation than R&D.

Britain`s own British Telecom who are suing every U.S. internet provider over BT`s patent on hyperlinks.

The Mexican Yellow bean now subject to a patent...!

Im sure there is a moral here somewhere,go into Law if you want to be rich mebbe.

Anyway surely an LED becomes less efficient with higher current,mebbe more lux,but less efficient?
Also don`t quite understand an LED being looked at as high resistance?

Any insight?

Adam

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please don't waste your hard earned money on one of these lights. Instead, buy my Lambda "Special Millenium Edition" simulated gold plated Illuminator, which sells for only $1000.00 US. That's $500.00 cheaper than these guys!!!!!!!!!!..................

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't laugh.... Some fool (with lots of expendable cash) will buy them.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif