most powerful thrower - compact - factory

boo

Newly Enlightened
Looking for a powerful thrower. Prefer compact using 18650 s.
Have done some research but it is confusing.
Want something that will throw a lot further than a Noctigon Meteor.
Looking for a factory production light.
thanks.

ven

Flashaholic
What size, any limit or amount you want to part with.

For now although not compact, will throw an acebeam k50 v3 in, xhp35 led, also the acebeam k70 which again uses the xhp35 and around 2600lm.

Trouble is for compact/powerful it is hard to get as you need a large/deep reflector for powerful throw....

The acebeam k40 is fairly compact along with the olight sr52UT .........

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ven above encouraged me to checkout modified lights so my suggestion would be to checkout some of Vinh's lights.

To keep from being disowned, I'm waiting on sending a Nitecore TM16GT to be modified. We still have some dental and cataract surgery to be paid for.

Last edited:

boo

Newly Enlightened
What size, any limit or amount you want to part with.

For now although not compact, will throw an acebeam k50 v3 in, xhp35 led, also the acebeam k70 which again uses the xhp35 and around 2600lm.

Trouble is for compact/powerful it is hard to get as you need a large/deep reflector for powerful throw....

The acebeam k40 is fairly compact along with the olight sr52UT .........

If I have to go with a larger/longer light to get the performance I want, I will.
Not sure if I fully understand your question, "any limit or amount you want to part with".
Are you referring to cost of the light?.

boo

Newly Enlightened
Ven above encouraged me to checkout modified lights so my suggestion would be to checkout some of Vinh's lights.

To keep from being disowned, I'm waiting on sending a Nitecore TM16GT to be modified. We still have some dental and cataract surgery to be paid for.

Want to keep cost reasonable. That is why I suggested "factory sold" lights.
At the present time, I do not have enough knowledge to select a modded light.

boo

Newly Enlightened
How far throw are you talking about?

As far as possible with factory available lights.
I want a kick *** thrower.

Lately I have purchased two lights that i`m pleased with.
Sunwayman D40A

Noctigon Meteor M43

I am looking for something that will outdistance these by considerable amount.

beaconhilltop

Newly Enlightened
Hey boo. For under $100 the Nitecore MH27 has nice throw out to 460m and 53500cd at 1000lm; for under $200 I got the Olight M3XS-UT throw 1000m with 250,000cd at 1200lm and if you can get into the group buy for a Nitecore TM16GT you get 3600lm throw 1003m at 252000cd all before Vinh does his magic for bout $130 more I read.

There are many other lights but I just start my collection and these are the lights I went after getting my first - Thrunite TN36GT similar to your M43 - all flood no throw.

The expert flashaholics on CPF are invaluable for information and resource if you know what you want people on this forum can definitely help you.

Good luck!

boo

Newly Enlightened
ps: What do you all think about the new Olight X9 to be released soon.
Overall performance and throw?.

Skeeterg

Enlightened
I have not heard of it yet. If it's Olight it probably is gonna be a winner. I think you may have to give up compact if you want a long throw. You know something with a large reflector like the Jetbeam T6 or Acebeam T25. I am probably missing something,since I am pretty new to the hobby. I am starting to wish I never started. Gosh those lights are so addicting.

gyzmo2002

Enlightened

12000lm...not a thrower...

A thrower is a laser beam style with a bit or no flood. With the X9 you will have a lot of flood, that's mean it will throw less far than a real thrower.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Noctigon Meteor only got around 30 000 cd, so not too hard to beat that with a "copmact" light. Most lights with a xp-l hi led and a decent sized reflector will. The bigger the reflector is, the more throw you get. So one big reflector is better than lots of small ones.Thats not confusing. So the question is how big of a reflector you want, before you dont think the light is not compact anymore.

boo

Newly Enlightened
12000lm...not a thrower...

A thrower is a laser beam style with a bit or no flood. With the X9 you will have a lot of flood, that's mean it will throw less far than a real thrower.

I was under the impression that lumens did not matter if the light came with a long deep reflector.
Have been told that candela s are important with a throwing light. Not sure about that either.
I have discovered I don`t know a lot.:faint:

boo

Newly Enlightened
The Noctigon Meteor only got around 30 000 cd, so not too hard to beat that with a "copmact" light. Most lights with a xp-l hi led and a decent sized reflector will. The bigger the reflector is, the more throw you get. So one big reflector is better than lots of small ones.Thats not confusing. So the question is how big of a reflector you want, before you dont think the light is not compact anymore.

What is cd?. If I have to go with a large/longer light, I will.
I`m looking for a light that will throw a long distance and put out good light as well.

Last edited:

beaconhilltop

Newly Enlightened
The Olight X9 has four LEDs prob XHP 70 or 50s. Will give you lots of flood but doubt it will send a beam 1000m away. It is also huge = Mega beast.

BTW. "cd" = Candela a unit of measurement for intensity of light compared to lumens- the amount of light.

gyzmo2002

Enlightened
You could take a look at the Nitecore TM26GT. "Compact" with a good flood-throw (704m-124000cd). Expensive thought.

http://flashlight.nitecore.com/product/tm26gt

A bit more than two 18650 protected cells in lenght.

The TM16GT is a good option two. Bigger than the TM26GT but cheaper. There is a groupbuy in the forum for this one. 1000m of throw, 252000cd.

You have many options.

Last edited:

delus

Newly Enlightened
Near the bottom of this review, Selfbuilt has provided a handy-dandy chart that allows you to compare throw distances in a realistic manner.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?366778
Of course that review is now 2 1/2 years old.

I was drawn to the NiWalker because it was the only one that could hold full power until the batteries ran out. All the others step down their brightness within minutes. It's heavier, but that's because it dissipates heat better. I consider this to be a sign that it is well designed.

Beware of lights with switches that create high parasitic drain on the batteries. You want it to be fully charged when you need it.
Battery choice is important with high performance lights. IMR chemistry is the safest, I suggest you stay with IMR until you gain knowledge.

boo

Newly Enlightened
Why so little information on the net about the Acebeam K70?.
Been looking for night time beam shots with this light at stated distance.

ps: What does IMR chemistry mean?.