Mountain biking light?

Thomasaurus

Newly Enlightened
Im looking for some ideas for a light for mountain biking. Obviously more of a flood rather than something throwy especially as I'll be offroad. I thought about my ll t7 but the focusing will slide out into throw with the jolts and bumps.

I'm tempted by a fenix but any recommendations are welcome! Budget about £50 or $80 for you Americans here :p

uknewbie

Banned
Think there is a bike section this may get moved to.

Fenix do the AF02 mount which I use, it is solid and does work, although takes up a fair amount of handlebar space. I currently have an Elektrolumens EDC-MCE in mine, which makes for great 900 lumen flood :)

In your budget though Fenix would maybe not be a bad choice, plenty to chose from, not sure how many are that floody though.

I would not recommend the cheaper two fish velcro lock, I had one and the light kept jiggling and sagging, which is annoying :huh:

xed888

Enlightened
Think there is a bike section this may get moved to.

Fenix do the AF02 mount which I use, it is solid and does work, although takes up a fair amount of handlebar space. I currently have an Elektrolumens EDC-MCE in mine, which makes for great 900 lumen flood :)

In your budget though Fenix would maybe not be a bad choice, plenty to chose from, not sure how many are that floody though.

I would not recommend the cheaper two fish velcro lock, I had one and the light kept jiggling and sagging, which is annoying :huh:

you might want to look at Magicshine lights. Ledfiretorches have some.

uknewbie

Banned
Had never heard of Ledfiretorches, thanks. You can get some pretty bright bike lights from CN Quality Goods too, cheap. Not sure about quality though, never had them. What kind of runtime do you need? I only get an hour or so with my EDC-MCE, but then I have no battery pack or wires, just one 18650 in the light, and a spare in my bag.

Thomasaurus

Newly Enlightened
Not too fussed about runtime, batteries arent exactly heavy lol! I'll have a look at the suggestions so far cheers!

syntax

Newly Enlightened
I use a 4Sevens Quark Tactical 123^2 with the 18650 body. I clip it to my helmet. It's floody and I prefer to have the light shine in whatever direction I'm looking instead of where my bike is pointing.

BrianMc

Enlightened
You may enjoy the DIY MTB light forum. Or the lights and night riding forum. Especially if you are thinking a bike dedicated light.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
I run a Cateye Tripleshot (modded with SSC P4 U2 leds and khaoted reflectors) on the bars with a Fenix L1Tv2 (modded with Cree XPG R4 neutral) on the helmet. Not as light or as bright as some, but it works fanastic and really lights up the trail. Only draw back is weight, but thats OK for me. Every 70-90 minutes requires a battery change on the helmet but thats a good time to suck down water and a electrolite chew anyways!