Mountain Electronics - SCAM….?

JTknives

Newly Enlightened
I placed an order through Mountain Electronics not last Tuesday but the Tuesday befor that (13or 14th). I have not gotten any information from them about my order. I paid for the faster shipping thinking I would have it by last weekend but nope. I tryied loggging into my account and I can't. I tryied resetting my password and it said email sent but I dont get any email. I have tryied contacting them about this and my order and nothing. My next step is to file a fraud case with PayPal. Anyone ever deal with these guys befor?

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
All the time. He pretty much builds most of the drivers in custom flashlights. Did you order something that needs built? He's a 2 person shop that hand builds a lot of electronics

My driver orders sometimes take 2 weeks to ship

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
MTN Electronics has always been trustworthy. I've been ordering all kinds of parts from them for years, always good reliable service. On the rare occasions when I had an issue, they responded using the "Contact Us" form on their site, though not always instantly. Have faith! Richard and his team and a great vendor and source of supplies, but they are a small shop.

I did order a driver with a zener mod once. Took about 2 weeks after order placement for the shipment notification and another 4 or 5 days until delivery. Make sure your spam/junk filter in your email isn't moving or deleting the password email. Search in your email for "mtnelectronics" and see if you get any hits. Sometimes it's hard to locate them from your phone, so use a web browser or desktop email client. Logging in and viewing your order history on their site definitely helps keep track. The status on there will show what's up with it.

Let us know how you make out. I'd say you're still well within normal order processing time and give it another week or so.

Last edited:

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Several months ago I contacted him about making a P60 dropin build, mentioning how he helped me in the past with a quality P60 dropin at a really good value regarding price. Never heard anything back. Didn't he study to become a lawyer or something? He was very informative years ago. Just thinking he is prioritizing his time, and less critical stuff does not get handled. My advice is be patient and remember this experience next time you need something that mtnelectronics might be able to fulfill.

Also. supply chain issues abound.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Several months ago I contacted him about making a P60 dropin build, mentioning how he helped me in the past with a quality P60 dropin at a really good value regarding price. Never heard anything back. Didn't he study to become a lawyer or something? He was very informative years ago. Just thinking he is prioritizing his time, and less critical stuff does not get handled. My advice is be patient and remember this experience next time you need something that mtnelectronics might be able to fulfill.

I'll put you a p60 dropin together. What you want?

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast

Owner Richard could be having a situation, such as death in the family.. I'd wait until PayPal max time for claiming refund

JTknives

Newly Enlightened
Owner Richard could be having a situation, such as death in the family.. I'd wait until PayPal max time for claiming refund
I was just concerned with not hearing anything and there website says 1-3 day shipping on non custom stuff. I will just wait.

Where are other places you guys get components from?

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just concerned with not hearing anything and there website says 1-3 day shipping on non custom stuff. I will just wait.

Where are other places you guys get components from?

When I can't get it from Richard at Mtn, I get stuff direct from lumintop, convoy on Aliexpress. Sometimes I have to go to kaidomain, but I try to get drivers and parts direct from lumintop and convoy.

Sometimes I order from Mouser and LED Supply. They are usa and have fast shipping

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
This will make a great P60 reflector….keep it at 3 amps QLiTE driver and it'll be excellent with plenty of thermal management.
Malkoff owns the heavy shells, so this is as good as it gets

There's only one in existence at this time…it's a dedomed 519a 5000k with a H17Fx driver that went to a hard user.

64B3E6B5-C0C6-42C0-B00F-B27CE53759CF.jpeg

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't mind giving that P60 a workout in LF z44 head. H17fx is the best way to go..
How many more are you planning to make?
PM me if we're breaking rules

dmenezes

Newly Enlightened
Anyone ever deal with these guys befor?
I haven't, but I'm familiar with seeing their name being well spoken of just about everywhere.

Besides the reasons the other posters here mentioned (small shop hand-building lots of what they sell, etc) we should not forget we're still in the middle of a pandemic and people still get sick from it, sometimes seriously.

That said, almost two weeks without even returning your calls sounds like a little too much.

I'd give them a couple more days, trying to contact them at least daily by all available means, and then if still no answers, go ahead and file a claim with PayPal; this will be sure to get their attention, and by then your claim will be even more well documented.

EDIT: just noticed you reported receiving a shipping notification from them, glad to see you will likely not needed to file that PayPal claim anymore ;-)

dmenezes

Newly Enlightened
Anyone ever deal with these guys befor?
I haven't, but I'm familiar with seeing their name being well spoken of just about everywhere.

Besides the reasons the other posters here mentioned (small shop hand-building lots of what they sell, etc) we should not forget we're still in the middle of a pandemic and people still get sick from it, sometimes seriously.

That said, almost two weeks without even returning your calls sounds like a little too much.

I'd give them a couple more days, trying to contact them at least daily by all available means, and then if still no answers, go ahead and file a claim with PayPal; this will be sure to get their attention, and by then your claim will be even more well documented.

EDIT: just noticed you reported receiving a shipping notification from them, glad to see you will likely not needed to file that PayPal claim anymore ;-)

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of course we're breaking the rules, but knowledge is being gained, right? Thread originator voiced concerns, got feedback, and hopefully resolution.

KD, can you show an image of the reflector straight on down into the business end? Great choice of emitter and driver.

3oni

Newly Enlightened
I've never ordered anything custom-built from Mountain Electronics, but I've ordered from them many times and they've been 100% solid every time.

Latest posts