Movies you watch again and again?

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
trick or treat. its my fav movie i bet non of ya all seen it. my nickname raggie is from that movie.

If you are talking about the one with “Sam” the little kid with the burlap sack on his head I Love that movie. Trick ‘r treat for anyone hunting it. I spent a year trying to find the worst movies ever on Netflix and stumbled on that gem. Thought it would be horrible and was pleasantly surprised

raggie33

*the raggedier*
nah diff movie mine has gene simmons from kiss ozzy and the kid from family ties. it never was populer but it has a cult following the sound track is from a old heavy metal band called fastway

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Love Babette’s Feast. It’s also a short story I’ve never read. Big Night is another foodie movie you might like.

Rewatched Big Night on Amazon Prime the other month. In my top 10 food movies for sure. Made a list once, and it went like this:

Babette's Feast (1987)
Mostly Martha (2001)
Eat Drink Man Woman (1994)
Big Night (1996)
Jiro Dreams of Sushi (2011)
Chef (2014)
Julie & Julia (2009)
The Lunchbox (2013)
The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover (1989)
Soylent Green (1973) *

* Just a short scene with real beef chili and a spoonful of strawberry preserves.

ledbetter

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
Rewatched Big Night on Amazon Prime the other month. In my top 10 food movies for sure. Made a list once, and it went like this:

Babette's Feast (1987)
Mostly Martha (2001)
Eat Drink Man Woman (1994)
Big Night (1996)
Jiro Dreams of Sushi (2011)
Chef (2014)
Julie & Julia (2009)
The Lunchbox (2013)
The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover (1989)
Soylent Green (1973) *

* Just a short scene with real beef chili and a spoonful of strawberry preserves.

Good list and The Cook, The Thief,etc is classic Greenaway, and most of his films have a lot of food scenes of some sort. Hard to see his stuff nowadays unless you own dvds or stream criterion. Mid August Lunch is a small Italian gem you might like.

Last edited by a moderator:

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Good list and The Cook, The Thief,etc is classic Greenaway, and most of his films have a lot of food scenes of some sort. Hard to see his stuff nowadays unless you own dvds or stream criterion. Mid August Lunch is a small Italian gem you might like.

Wow - Amazon Prime has it. Added to my watch list. Thanks.

Just finished it. Beautifully filmed. 9/10

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

jrgold

Enlightened
Goonies! We just went on a camping trip to a place called Cassini ranch on the russian river in CA. We watched Goonies on our outdoor movie set up the first night. The next day we drove to a beach about 15 minutes away called Goat Rock Beach. One of the kids said this looks like the beach from Goonies. Since i’ve seen it about 50 hundred times, i agreed the resemblance was uncanny. Turns out it was the beach where they filmed the last scenes from the movie. Goonies is a classic, and now the kids will always have that tangible memory of the place. We booked another trip there next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thermal guy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Harry Potter and the sorcerer‘s stone and every top gear special. Over and over. should talk to someone about this?

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Cousin Vinny (1992)

Death at a Funeral (2010)

Soul Plane (2004)

Belleflower (2011)

Dogs in Space (1986)

Black Hawk Down (2001)

Flight of the Intruder (1991)

We Were Soldiers (2002)

The Lost Battalion (2001)

Bat 21 (1988)

The Deep (1977)

Danzón (1991)

Kerisun

Banned
I like some old movies and I need to find a simple and fast converter video files. I also found the free file converter here How effective such services or is it better to buy special software?

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
Army of Darkness
Star Wars episodes 4 and 5 (sometimes just for the music)
Usual Suspects
the Aliens Trilogy
Hellboy
The Princess Bride
Ghostbusters 1 & 2 (especially the scene with the dancing toaster)

But it seems the older I get the less likely I am to feel inclined to throw a movie in. Don't know why.

--flatline

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Taking Chance:
A story of a fallen Marine's journey from over seas to his funeral and the US Marine that volunteered to go with him. It shows the steps of a journey of a fallen hero. I was choked up in the first five minutes and stayed that way throughout the movie.

Nebraska:
A story about a crazy old dude who thinks he won the big magazine sweepstakes and his journey to receive his prize. A light hearted adventure with a happy ending.

I will be watching both whenever company wants to watch a movie or just want to watch a great story on my television.

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977). Apollo Creed makes his appearance:

vJeCmC8l.jpg

flashlight scenes:

ufn2VQEl.jpg

fN2ttuwl.jpg

Light-saber

Newly Enlightened
my taste runs all over the place. Here are a few that come to mind:

Blade Runner
Usual Suspects
Amelie
Memento
Spirited Away
Chungking Express
Red, White, Blue (Kieslowski’s trilogy)
Dodes’ka-den
Seven Samurai

ledbetter

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
my taste runs all over the place. Here are a few that come to mind:

Blade Runner
Usual Suspects
Amelie
Memento
Spirited Away
Chungking Express
Red, White, Blue (Kieslowski’s trilogy)
Dodes’ka-den
Seven Samurai
Eclectic mix! Seven Samurai is the best! Add Princess Mononoke to Spirited Away. Borrowed my son’s complete collection of Zatioichi movies which are pretty awesome.