Movies you watch again and again?

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

SICARIO

1697654882240.gif

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
What was the movie set in the desert Middle East, had a cool boat, and was about a solar toxic waste incinerator? Pretty cool movie, but I can't remember the name.

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
I pretty much avoided Chick flicks up until my late 20s, if it wasn't Sci-fi or Action I wasn't interested but there have been a few from this genre over the years that have been awesome, then again tastes change and I have learnt to appreciate some International & Bollywood movies as well 😋

Grease
Dirty Dancing
Romancing the Stone
Jewel of the Nile
Footloose
The Breakfast Club
Titanic
Pretty Woman
The Bodyguard
Muriel's Wedding

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I pretty much avoided Chick flicks up until my late 20s, if it wasn't Sci-fi or Action I wasn't interested but there have been a few from this genre over the years that have been awesome, then again tastes change and I have learnt to appreciate some International & Bollywood movies as well 😋

Grease
Dirty Dancing
Romancing the Stone
Jewel of the Nile
Footloose
The Breakfast Club
Titanic
Pretty Woman
The Bodyguard
Muriel's Wedding

Gotta add Sleepless in Seattle

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The Tom Selleck series where he plays a character called Jesse Stone are good rainy day movies. He plays an alcoholic cop who lands in a small town, becomes police chief and manages to solve crimes they would not have solved had it not been for his people skills and expertise.

We just finished watching the Lonesome Dove series. Dead Man's Walk, Comanche Moon, Lonesome Dove, Return to Lonesome Dove and Streets of Lorado.
Dead Man's Walk was when Woodrow and Augustus were pups in the Texas Rangers. It's ok, and sets it up for Camanche Moon, which was set around young Woodrow and Augustus with Val Kilmer playing a brilliant role as an eccentric army officer. His wife steels the show. Newt is born in this one.

Of course you have the legend Lonesome Dove, which by itself was a masterpiece. But Return to Lonesome Dove aint half bad. Jon Voight is Woodrow and in my view out does Tommy Lee Jones. This one was not part of the Larry McMurtry series and is an unauthorized series but it was still pretty good. They reach Montana and the adventures continue.

Streets of Lorado was the dud of the series. James Garner tries and does well at the part of Woodrow but the story line is the issue. It's post Montana and just never really captures the attention of the audience due to a weak cast of actors and a storyline not unlike the desert crossing scene in Lawrence of Arabia.

Overall a good series of mini movies the whole family can enjoy.

mqqn

Newly Enlightened
Pulp Fiction
5th Element

Any Eastwood spaghetti western or first three Dirty Harry movies

Payback
Kelly's Heros

McClintock
True Grit (original)
The Shootist

Idiocrasy
My Blue Heaven

There are many more, but I enjoyed looking through all of your suggestions; and my wife and I will be watching some of your suggestions!

pnwoutdoors

Enlightened
China Moon (1994) -- with Ed Harris, Madeleine Stowe, Benicio Del Toro, Charles Dance. A "B" film, but a fairly good one. Decent detective thriller, where everybody's playing an angle.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Like most of the Non Connery Bond movies
Rocky I, II and Rocky Balboa
Princess Bride
Shackleton
隠し剣、鬼の爪
The Foreigner
Pride and Prejudice

Now to look at other peoples picks and see which ones I missed…

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Believe it or not "LA LA Land"

Over the years I've become more tolerant of musicals after my daughter became a professional singer-dancer, and being a born & raised in SoCal, so many of the movie locations bring back wonderful memories. Especially in the '70s-'80s, when I'd take my girlfriends out to these places, and LA/Hollywood was safe & uncrowded. In addition to the engaging actors and story, this element of my halcyon days will always make it a nostalgic & personal favorite.

Believe it or not "LA LA Land"

Over the years I've become more tolerant of musicals after my daughter became a professional singer-dancer, and being a born & raised in SoCal, so many of the movie locations bring back wonderful memories. Especially in the '70s-'80s, when I'd take my girlfriends out to these places, and LA/Hollywood was safe & uncrowded. In addition to the engaging actors and story, this element of my halcyon days will always make it a nostalgic & personal favorite.
My Better 3/4s and I really enjoyed LA LA Land, so I believe it. :geek: