Moving to new server and upgrading software

wacbzz

I like the “Mark Channels Read” button/link.

And grunge. :thumbsup:

...but I feel like I’m not sure how to post now there. :thinking:

Ahhh....got it. I was looking in the Announcements section. :p

Last edited:

turbodog

I can change my account settings (time zone) and notification ones, but NOT the profile ones. Says I don't have permission to change my DOB.

Maybe a few people can try it and post back their results.

nbp

Staff member
I can change my account settings (time zone) and notification ones, but NOT the profile ones. Says I don't have permission to change my DOB.

Maybe a few people can try it and post back their results.

In the UG you mean?

nbp

Staff member
I don’t understand. I thought you were referencing a new problem you were having changing settings in the UG after Greta made the software upgrades.

turbodog

Zoom... we passed each other in the night.

You mean the problem exists in UG, yes. I thought you meant where to post results.

There are posts about this on BOTH forums. Until more people check... might affect just me.

nbp

Staff member
Gotcha now!

My birthday is correct over there still. I don’t see a way to change it though. If I click reset fields in User Settings it doesn’t open up that box for edit like the other profile info. I assume that was input when we registered.

nbp

Staff member
Here on CPF I looked at the birthdate area and it has this message. So probably Admin will have to fix it for you.

“Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below. Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.”

turbodog

Don't really care about the b'day. But it errors out w/ a warning about b'day when I try to change ANY option on the same page with the b'day.

Greta

Administrator
Staff member
I'm going to be working on the new server this afternoon and will need to close the forums for backups. So if the forums are closed, please check back later.

This is NOT the final move. Just back ups and testing which shouldn't take long.

I will let you know when I make the final move and the forums may be down for a slightly more extended time.

Greta

Administrator
Staff member
Tonight when I go to bed, I will be closing the forums to re-index the search files. This is likely to take quite awhile - several hours.

So I will not be turning the forums back on until I wake up tomorrow morning.

aginthelaw

You wouldn’t happen to have a countdown timer on this would you? If I don’t have proper closure I tend to stress eat. All i have are kids cereals at the moment so I’ll be in trouble by the time you wake up

Greta

Administrator
Staff member
You wouldn’t happen to have a countdown timer on this would you? If I don’t have proper closure I tend to stress eat. All i have are kids cereals at the moment so I’ll be in trouble by the time you wake up

Nope. But I can recommend Cap'n Crunch with Crunch Berries for maximum sugar rush followed by sugar crash and coma.:grin2:

Greta

Administrator
Staff member
I've decided I'm going to do something a little different.

I'm going to keep the forums on but they will be set to read only. Which means you will be able to browse all you want and read but you won't be able to post. I think this is the better way to go. And if I have any updates to pass on to you, I can post and you will see it. I'll post here when I implement that.

Meanwhile... you are always welcome to visit CPFUnderground to see what's going on there. Likewise there is the CPF Facebook Group.