Moving to new server and upgrading software

Greta

Administrator
Staff member
I don’t think you know how to snack properly. ;)

My go-to while waiting on ENDLESS processes to run on a behemoth of a database is nachos. But only the chips and cheese part. Blue chips with mounds of four cheese Mexican blend. Two minutes in the microwave and at least ten minutes of pure happiness :D

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've decided I'm going to do something a little different.

I'm going to keep the forums on but they will be set to read only. Which means you will be able to browse all you want and read but you won't be able to post. I think this is the better way to go. And if I have any updates to pass on to you, I can post and you will see it. I'll post here when I implement that.

Meanwhile... you are always welcome to visit CPFUnderground to see what's going on there. Likewise there is the CPF Facebook Group.

+

Is it still Read Only mode;
because I can 'quote' (like I just did here), but I have no Reply at bottom of threads.

hmm

Dave_H

Enlightened
I'm having same/similar issue as Katherine...no reply button in threads even if logged in, and can't post (but can here).
Have just (re)read earlier Greta post. Will stand by.

Dave

Last edited:

turbodog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stuff is being worked on. There will be errors here and there until everything is worked through. I have to have the forums ON in order to do certain things. So it is what it is for now.

No problem. Just a heads up.

And that link is working now.

Last edited:

Greta

Administrator
Staff member
Just FYI - I have NOT yet moved to the new server. I'm still working on back ups and software tweaks and getting a test site up and running smoothly. It is likely this will go on for a few more days.

Thank you all for your patience and I'm trying my best to make this as painless as possible for you all. But there will still be a few pains here and there.

Greta

Administrator
Staff member
Ok - So today I made some pretty good progress with getting the files and the software in order for upgrade. I will be working on a test site tomorrow (Thursday) and then hopefully I can move everything seamlessly to the new server with minimal downtime.

Thanks again for your patience.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is this still in progress? It seems some are able to post but I'm still getting a permissions error on the same thread

nbp

Staff member
Yes. I am guessing that the tapatalk plugin is turned off during this update and move.