Moving to new server and upgrading software

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok - So today I made some pretty good progress with getting the files and the software in order for upgrade. I will be working on a test site tomorrow (Thursday) and then hopefully I can move everything seamlessly to the new server with minimal downtime.

Thanks again for your patience.

Thank you for your service! :D

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry if i missed this, but do you have a crew helping you with this, Greta, or is this something you’ve picked up through years of doing this? It went pretty smoothly (I assume because I only needed to be sedated for about 3 days). Just wondering what you picked for the server and what made you arrive at the decision.

Last edited:

Stoneking

Enlightened
This might have been stated but is there any chance the app on iOS will be updated. It no longer works and it absolutely heartbreaking!

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Has the Server/software change been completed?

CPF for me, is almost unusable now, everything hangs endlessly or document expired or freezes or nearly crashes my system ect..

overly clever software maybe? AI

Greta

Administrator
Staff member
+

Has the Server/software change been completed?

CPF for me, is almost unusable now, everything hangs endlessly or document expired or freezes or nearly crashes my system ect..

overly clever software maybe? AI

Nothing has been changed yet - and I mean nothing. I would check my own system if that were happening to me.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Seems zippier to me, my issues is on my end as other sites load slow when CF does and when they load fast CF loads screamingly faster that it used to and I'm running a 12 year old obsolete computer on a slow less than 1Mb/s internet connection.

Strintguy

Enlightened
Do I need to install Tapatalk plugin to my IPad for the app to allow me to view “what’s new?” Sorry, I don’t understand

Greta

Administrator
Staff member
Once I can get this behemoth of a website properly upgraded and moved to the other server, I can start to rebuild the app. As previously discussed, the platform for the app has drastically changed and not in a good way. I will be looking into other platforms - one of which is built into the upgraded forum software. I'm not completely sold on it yet.

wweiss

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
Once I can get this behemoth of a website properly upgraded and moved to the other server, I can start to rebuild the app. As previously discussed, the platform for the app has drastically changed and not in a good way. I will be looking into other platforms - one of which is built into the upgraded forum software. I'm not completely sold on it yet.

Thank you for the hard work. It seems daunting to me...

Greta

Administrator
Staff member
Hey the app is turned back on. Yay!

Wish I could take credit but alas... 🤷*♀️

Seriously.... I have done nothing. Which just goes to show you how much of PITA the app is for me to maintain. :sick2: