Music to the Marrow (To What Are You Listening?)

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The vids are a little raunchy, viewer discretion and all that, but they can really sing and rock out.

The Hawk

Enlightened
I just finished lifting weights. I put on a Neil Diamond CD and fired it up. It inspired me. Go figure.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic

I tried a neat trick on my music player where it's playing all songs in alphabetical order. It reached letter H last night. I'd forgotten all about the Yahoos. And Hankerin' was one I used to play for Mrs Fixer when we were dating. Oh, she'd cringe every time because the whole thing is so in your face but to me that was half the charm. That whole Yahoos project reminds me of the 1970's version of Batman.... kinda serious yet has a sort of Mel Brooks way about it.

After several songs with the word heart in it came this old gem

RIP Jon Bonham

And this jewel by INXS,,,,,
Letter H is cool.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic

A band I found by accident.

A little Kraftwerk, a little Thyx, a little Joy Division, originally from Greenville NC, they now call Baltimore home. These guys pretty much tour constantly.

A little more Future Islands

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Future Islands reminded me of a day in a Roses store where I heard Boston's 'more than a feeling' for the first time yet thought "I swear I've heard this before". Original sound, yet strangely familiar.

The Yahoos was a 'super group' effort where some folks from other bands got together and made a record.

The INXS song was from their 1982(?) break out album. The best one in my view.

The Song Remains the Same was my first concert... but at a movie theatre. Yup, at the midnight movies there was the smell of dope smoking and sounds of beer burps from the audience back when you could still smoke cigarettes in a movie theatre.

Last edited: