Music you like but don't want your friends to know you like it

Dave_H

Enlightened
There's not much in the way of music I would feel "embarassed" to admit that I like. It's not a problem with much of it being earlier electronic; and instrumental so-called "new-age", as the artists are usually not recognized by people I mention it to, for example David Arkenstone, Patrick O'Hearn, Peter Maunu, etc.

No trouble "admitting" to liking Carpenters' music at least some of their tunes, and just picked up one of their CDs, which is a throwback to earlier/simpler times. I still like simplicity of CDs and now that people appear to be getting rid of theirs, thrift shops here are full of them at typically $1-$2 each, which used to cost ten times that, and I find most are in great condition.

Dave
Further on this, when I find something I like and recommend somebody else listen to it, rarely do they do it. Not sure why, perhaps people "know" what they like and already have enough to listen to. It's usually "oh yeah, yeah, I got busy" and I never hear further. Someone coming back to say they hated it would be more useful feedback, though not what I had hoped. I have picked up on some fantastic music from others which might not have been found otherwise, or much later by chance.

Another example, Little Boots aka Victoria Hesketh, British electro-pop/dance genre composer/performer has some good tunes. Dance is not my fave but find some are catchy e.g Satellite. Some are a bit ditzy but still fun to listen to, nothing too serious.

Dave

bykfixer

Flashaholic
There's not much in the way of music I would feel "embarassed" to admit that I like. It's not a problem with much of it being earlier electronic; and instrumental so-called "new-age", as the artists are usually not recognized by people I mention it to, for example David Arkenstone, Patrick O'Hearn, Peter Maunu, etc.

No trouble "admitting" to liking Carpenters' music at least some of their tunes, and just picked up one of their CDs, which is a throwback to earlier/simpler times. I still like simplicity of CDs and now that people appear to be getting rid of theirs, thrift shops here are full of them at typically $1-$2 each, which used to cost ten times that, and I find most are in great condition.

Dave
Who? lol I know what you mean. I have so many songs by so many artists when someone says "who is that?" I often say "I have no idea, hang on, let me look at the playlist".

My son has gotten most of his cd's and vinyl records at thrift stores.

yearnslow

Enlightened

Been listening to this for a week or so. I think they've got an album out on iTunes?
I don't care if my friends think it's weird!

Latest posts