MX Power 3-Cree 3-Mode LED Flashlight *beamshots on page 3*

KingGlamis

Banned
I just ordered an MX Power. Hopefully in 10-15 days I will have it. It looks awesome and will be my first CREE light. Albeit a cheap CREE light, but from the reviews I have read I'm willing to take my chances.

KingGlamis

Banned
Finally got mine today. I will have beamshots in a couple hours (the sun is just setting here). So far I love it. Very bright and very good quality.

KRS1

Newly Enlightened
Has any one mod this to Q5?

Im still not sure if i should purchase Q5 on board 14mm or just get Q5 alone?

please give me your thought.

P.S i mod a few light so far and i am happy as larry so i want this Mx Power for outdoor light .:cool:

KingGlamis

Banned
Some beamshots. The tree is 170 feet away (I measured it).

MX Power on high.

IMGP2585.jpg

Sure Fire G3 Nitrolon with Lumens Factory EO-9 360 lumen upgrade.

IMGP2586.jpg

KingGlamis

Banned
Took more beamshots tonight.

First, a control shot. The far edge where the dark grass meets the light from the park lights is probably close to 300 feet from the camera.

IMGP2596.jpg

This is my Aspheric Mag. The spot is somewhere between 250-300 feet from the camera (I know, not impressive, but another control shot for reference).

IMGP2602.jpg

This next shot is the MX Power on high. The far edge of the hot spot is easily 250 feet+ from the camera. To me, that is some awesome throw! To those in this thread that said the MX Power is not a thrower, I disagree. To me, this is incredible throw for such a cheap light. See for yourself...

IMGP2599.jpg

For comparison, here is my Sure Fire G3 with EO-9 380 lumen upgrade. It's impressive too, but much more yellow.

IMGP2601.jpg

And just for fun, here is a shot of my Fenix P3D RB100 on turbo. Almost looks like the original control shot. You can hardly tell the light is on.

IMGP2604.jpg

So yes, I'm VERY happy with the MX Power.

migui

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I need to eliminate the function Strobe and Mid, because I always wish to use when you turn on the flashlight mode hi.

It´s possible??

Thank!

iq2k

Newly Enlightened
thanks for beamshots for comparison.:thumbsup:
This light looks cool.:cool:
I'd like to try 3 p7's in something like this.:eek:
But i'd realy love to try 3p7's setup in a finned 3d mag with a tri-ali reflector & 2D cell LI-ION's.
evilgrin07.gif

Does anyone have any thoughts on either?
naughty.gif

Last edited:

kienvu14

Newly Enlightened
Alright so i just bought this flashlight, its alot better than i thought! But does anyone know of any flashlight mounts, or pressure pad chords for this specific flashlight i can buy such like this one in this link?

http://www.goodguysguns.com/Updated Site/Images/ar-15 parts picture.jpg

Im trying to mount this flashlight on the rails of my airsoft gun for tactical "Milsim"(military simulation) because i frequently play in dark places and this flashlight would be killer to be mounted on my m4.

Any help or info would help alot =D

batvette

Newly Enlightened
HELP fix my MX Power 3-Cree 3-Mode LED Flashlight *beamshots on page 3*

So I figured this would be the place to post this, I have one of these and love it, or did, about the tenth time I dropped it recently it quit on me.
I have some skills as far as troubleshooting but this eludes me.
I have full voltage out of the body end as it reaches the head. It appears each of the leds are good, while I hesitate to give them full voltage individually, each does light up dimly with the DMM's meager voltage used to to check resistance. The wires which connect each have continuity, as does the spring which is the - to the body to the - of the first led in series. the only thing I can't verify is the positive plate of the head to the red + of the first led, and I assume there is a circuit of some kind in the head but I can't get inside the thing for the life of me. There are two small holes on the outer perimeter of what appears to be a round circuit board. I pried gently but it wouldn't budge.
I get 220kohm from the back of the head (where the battery + touches) to the red soldered point on the first led- assuming there is a circuit buried in there is that okay?

Any of you with some experiemce tearing into these helping would be appreciated, I can take some photos if you need. Will check back in a day or so.

ohropax

Newly Enlightened
I need one of these original china flashlight for restaurational purposes, however it's sold out on all official channels. Does any of you guys have one for sale? No need to be complete or functioning, only the basic lighthead (case,optics,etc) is actually required.

In detail i'm talking about this one:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5971

best regards,
Marcus

Latest posts