My beloved Fulton Anglehead. PIC HEAVY:)

A

american lockpicker

Enlightened
I like the basic design though I'd like to see it re-interpreted in aluminum and maybe made in the 2x C cell form factor.

That would be nice but probably expensive. Also a 2 or 3 CR123 version would be nice.

GreyShark

GreyShark

Enlightened
I'm not afraid of expensive as long as I'm getting what I pay for. I still don't think that particular wish will come true though. On the other hand yours may have! Check out the First-Light Tomahawk. It's an anglehead that runs on 2x CR123.

A

american lockpicker

Enlightened
If its under $20(I consider that reasonable because Mag makes a 2-C flashlight in America for $16.99) it wouldn't be bad.

A

AKDoug

Newly Enlightened
I have some potted 1274 Bulbs. Would these fit in the bulb holder? I might have to pick one of these up, the bulbs are just collecting dust.

A

AKDoug

Newly Enlightened
Couldn't wait any longer so I grab my father-in-laws light. It worked with both my potted 1274 and potted 1164 bulbs. Now if only it weren't for the dang heat!

dsc01066032132.jpg

leukos

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Couldn't wait any longer so I grab my father-in-laws light. It worked with both my potted 1274 and potted 1164 bulbs. Now if only it weren't for the dang heat!

I have a glass lens in mine, I wonder if the plastic bezel can handle it? Also, I wonder how many amps that switch is rated for.

A

AKDoug

Newly Enlightened
I have a glass lens in mine, I wonder if the plastic bezel can handle it? Also, I wonder how many amps that switch is rated for.

No idea about the switch but I think more than the bezel, I would be worried about the little plastic retainer that holds the bulb into the reflector.

Crenshaw

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ones available here in singapore go by the brand of "D&G" like the fashion brand, but no relation i believe.

They are also standard in C size. Ive put in a ROP-hi bulb and running two C li-ons...works great!

Crenshaw

Mr_Light

Mr_Light

Enlightened
No idea about the switch but I think more than the bezel, I would be worried about the little plastic retainer that holds the bulb into the reflector.
When I have installed MAG LED upgrades in these I just removed the plastic bulb holder and packed aluminum foil around the bulb base. It's not pretty, but it works.

carbine15

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 4 glass lenses that'll fit just fine. 1mm too small but they seal fine if centered when assembling. Send me a PM and I'll ship them to you for $1 postage. I only have 4 that I'm willing to part with. If you love your fulton angle head, shoot me a PM.

Nitroz

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you measure your lens and get back with me?

The camera lens I bought from Ebay just barely sits on the seal all around. Is this how yours fits?

Hogokansatsukan

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 4 glass lenses that'll fit just fine. 1mm too small but they seal fine if centered when assembling. Send me a PM and I'll ship them to you for $1 postage. I only have 4 that I'm willing to part with. If you love your fulton angle head, shoot me a PM.

If you have an extra, I would be in for that. Been wanting to mod one of my Fultons into an ROP for a long time now.

EVOLUTION
P7145906.jpg

carbine15

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fulton is bad for the ROP for heat dissipation reasons. Though my Fulton was an ROP for many months with no damage, I never ran it longer than 5 minutes at a time.

I like the glass lenses for their scratch free properties and I have one (possibly two) left. Just send me a PM and it's your's for a dollar.
As far as size goes it's 42mm exactly. That's 1.5-2mm bigger than the camera filter glass I was using before. its much easier to get this lens to seat properly than the camera glass.

I'm doing this as a service to my fellow Fulton lovers so don't ask if you don't have a fulton anglehead FFS.

Nitroz

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fulton is bad for the ROP for heat dissipation reasons. Though my Fulton was an ROP for many months with no damage, I never ran it longer than 5 minutes at a time.

I like the glass lenses for their scratch free properties and I have one (possibly two) left. Just send me a PM and it's your's for a dollar.
As far as size goes it's 42mm exactly. That's 1.5-2mm bigger than the camera filter glass I was using before. its much easier to get this lens to seat properly than the camera glass.

I'm doing this as a service to my fellow Fulton lovers so don't ask if you don't have a fulton anglehead FFS.

PM sent! That would be excellent! The camera glass I have measures 39.8. :(

M@elstrom

[email protected]

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the basic design though I'd like to see it re-interpreted in aluminum and maybe made in the 2x C cell form factor.

I've seen C cell reinterpretations *cough* knock-off *cough* on fleabay recently & multi-AA variants too, I've also noted local Firefighters using them as well though brightly coloured models (in this case fluorescent yellow) :thumbsup:

I don't have one yet but have been searching for a Vietnam era Fulton for my flashlight collection (though I'm tempted to get a new version as well) ;)

Nitroz

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have one yet but have been searching for a Vietnam era Fulton for my flashlight collection (though I'm tempted to get a new version as well) ;)
Read post #6 for the link.
You can get them here for $11.55 shipped. You just can beat that!

KevinL

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for letting us know.
lovecpf

You need to try the ROP bulbs!

Go easy on the runtime if you don't have a metal reflector and glass lens though. The high bulb chews up Maglite plastic reflectors for breakfast. The low bulb isn't so bad.