My Dad just paid $!! for a cr123 today.

aussiebob

Enlightened
Today we were at a BBQ with some friends and my dad says how hes going accross the road to get some drinks and stuff.

Anyhow he goes, comes back with the stuff, sits across from me and starts opening the new cr123 and loading it in the camera, doing so he tells me and those around how he paid $36.:poof:

I was like holy $h1t, i had 4 of them in lights on me and about 12 spares in the car. I told him and he goes oh well to late now.

He still uses his old film camera, from about 5 years ago, it doesnt see much use, so he was unaware this was a overly high cost for the new batt. They last a long time in this camera he says.

It was a corner store style shop, im supprised they even stocked them, but $36 is just crazy, all mine were around $2 each, if only he told me what he was going to get. Bugger

quokked

Enlightened
$36 AUD for a CR123a ? that's like 24 USD for those of you non Aussies out there.

Whoa.... I've seen like $10AUD for Cells at like Coles and Safeway but $36 :faint:

I gave my old Nuwai Q3 to someone for her trip round Europe and i ended up offloading all my spare CR123as to her when I saw her like a year later cause she realised how expensive the store cells are.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
$36.00! Ouch! Not too bad in Canada. They are $6.00 at Best Buy and in the $10.00 range in other stores. Thank God for online sources!

1 what

Enlightened
I'm in Brisbane where they range upwards from $12.00.
Thank heavens for Fenix Store!

dr-ebert

Newly Enlightened
As I've recently bought a Fenix P3D (2xCR123A) as a present, and am planning to get another 2xCR123A flashlight for myself later, I've just ordered a 15-piece "contractor pack" of Panasonic CR123As from microbattery.com for 22 Euros including overseas shipping (about 29 US-$). This translates to 2$/cell, which is the best I found (in local stores, one cell costs around 6-10 Euros). Does someone have experience with this seller, even if it's a bit late for repenting...?

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Coles supermarkets in Victoria are flogging CR123a's for $26.00 a pair! OMG I'm sure glad there's rechargeable options :thumbsup: