My fenix came with different tail cap

nMotion96

Newly Enlightened
i got a p2d q5 and p3d q5 but i just noticed that the two has different tail cap. I went on the fenix website and look at the pictures but none of them look like the tail cap i have. one has 4 rolls and the other has 6 rolls as you can see in the picture. The fenix website only has the one that has 4 rolls. everything on both the tail cap are the same, the only two thing i notice different are the 4 vs 6 rolls and the one with 6 rolls has a more glossy finish that doesn't match the rest of the light. Anyone have any idea why it is different?

IMG_0092.jpg

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
probably just different batches...maybe they liked the latter one better, but didnt feel that it warranted an announcment..

Crenshaw

kts

Enlightened
My P2D Q5, 1 month old, got 6 rolls and the glossy look too...

Last edited:

smvtsailor

Newly Enlightened
I have the 6 rolls one on my new P2D Q5. Don't know when it was ordered, got it for Christmas :)

Stephen

nMotion96

Newly Enlightened
i guess the p2d q5 have a different tail cap then what is in the pictures. I was just worried that it was swap from a different light. The only thing i don't like about it is that the finish doesn't match the rest of the light.

Bozzlite

Enlightened
I received my P2D Q5 combo pack with the extra L1D body and diffuser last week. I noticed that the 2 tail caps have 6 rolls as compared to the 4 rolls of the L1D CE I purchase back in March.

Also the 2 newer tail cap switch covers extend slightly out of the tail cap, making the candle mode a bit wobbly.

jugg2

Enlightened
My P2D Rebel has the less grippy tailcap, but my friend's P2D Q5 has the more grippy one.