My first SureFire!

artar

Enlightened
yahoooooooooo!
Today i got my first SureFire, it is an E2 HA. I ordered it 21 Days ago and paid 160,- DM (ca. USD 80) for it.
It is very very cool little(!) thing!!!

The Color is not green or anthrazit, its more brown/gray and looks fantastic!
Its very good engineered. It came with 2 SureFire Lithiums and the new Clip.
Its very very bright for its size, but i had expected a bit more. The hotspot of my E2 is for my taste a litte too big.
But after all, this is my preferential Light up now. Beside the E2 i own 2 Streamlight 4AA, 2 Streamlight 2AA, 2 MiniMag AA, 1 MagLite 5D, 2 Osram Dulux Mini 2AA, 3 White Photon2, 1 Mag Solitär 1AAA, 1 Varta 4D HandHeld.
Until now the MiniMag(nexstar) and the streamlight 2aa were my everydaycarry lights (beside the photon on my keychain).
From now on the E2 is my edc light.

Now i'm going outside to test
grin.gif
it a bit!

Gandalf

Enlightened
Now you are seriously hooked! But welcome to the inner circle of hard core (read= always no money) flashaholics.

You may be able to improve the beam on your E2 by simply rotating the lamp. Avoid touching the lamp with your bare fingers. I got a tigher beam from my E2 this way, althugh it took several adjustments; but the beam wound up about 25% smaller.
grin.gif
shocked.gif
grin.gif
shocked.gif
grin.gif
shocked.gif

artar

Enlightened
In the past 2 hours i tested the E2 and now the batterys are empty. tomorrow i have to buy a lot of batterys.

I love this light!

Luca

Newly Enlightened
Congrats Artar,

Where did you buy from that cheap? Was it an online shop?

Thanks

Luca

artar

Enlightened
hi Luca,

i got it from http://www.helpi.com. They dont sell them very often. As i ordered mine per telepone the owner( himself!) had to look at the surefire catalog he had, for the price. I think he does not earn money at surefires. All other shops (http://www.toolshop.de or http://www.ph-import.com) sell the E2 HA for ca 190 DM.
At Helpi.com all other lighst like UKE or Streamlight are at a good price.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by artar:
... i tested the E2 and now the batterys are empty. tomorrow i have to buy a lot of batterys.
I love this light!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too. It's a little beauty.
(Of course, my Legend LX should arrive soon - maybe I'll then totally change my mind about those expensive SF thingys ...... )
wink.gif

Only thing I gotta say, Artar, is buy your 123's in bulk. With my E2, I got a 12B, with 12 DL123's in it. As you've experienced, you burn through a lot, just messin' around. Wait till you realise with horror that your supply of batteries is down to only 2 sets. High Street prices are crazily high. Whatever you do, bulk-buy, even from the States is cheaper.

From what I've heard, SF123's are considerably better than the other 123's available. (Tim "The Prince" Flanagan reportedly still has some in stock. (I always buy SF stuff from him) )

lightlover

artar

Enlightened
Today i ordered online 10 Duracell Lithium for 75,- DM (ca. 35 USD) and got 2 Duracells for 35,- DM at my local Electronics-Shop
mad.gif

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by artar:
yahoooooooooo!
Today i got my first SureFire, it is an E2 HA. I ordered it 21 Days ago and paid 160,- DM (ca. USD 80) for it.
It is very very cool little(!) thing!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Arta, now that you've had a day or two to play around with it, what will be your next Surefire? My first one was the 8AX and the E2 was my second one. If you don't need or can afford mega M6 power, I think the two lights compliment each other very well. The 8AX for around the house, the E2 for outside or a carry light. That and a Arc AAA LED on the keychain and that is really all the lights I need and other Surefires are just to feed the addiction as you are now feeling no doubt.

artar

Enlightened
thank you for the tip, Michael.
Shipped they only for 0,99 to Denmark?
I will consider this next time when i order lithiums.

artar

Enlightened
geepondy, i think you can read my mind!
Today i ordered another E2 HA
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
and 2 spare lamp modules.
My next FlashLight will be an M2 with Turbo Kit, this is determined. I would like to have an M6 but i dont know when i can use it.
The last 2 Nights, my neighbours looked very strange at me as i played with my tiny E2
mad.gif

,artar.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just curious but have you considered an M3 instead of an M2, seeing as how you already have a two battery Surefire? The M3 has great options. 125 lumen lamp for one hour which is very economical or a 225 lumen lamp for 20 minutes (not so economical). I think that will be my next Surefire unless I decide to splurge for a 10X.

artar

Enlightened
hmmmmmmm...so many choices...
confused.gif

i have choosen the m2 because of the size. The M3 is much longer. For me, the M3 is half a M2 half a M6. When i should get the M3 I think i would not get a M6.
Fact is : I need a TURBOHEAD!!!
By the way a (mini-)TurboHead for the E2 would be great!
Since I have my first SureFire, i cant await my next SureFire.