My garage is about to be empty

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Except for my car, that is.

I searched these guys out and they drove 75 miles to the desert to write up the deal.
image8.jpg

All of my clutter is now going to be packed just under the ceiling. I'm jazzed about it.

Marty

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a pretty cool idea. Bet you the people who invented those are makin' a few extra bucks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just built something similar to that for my garage. Also put up about 40 feet of that wire shelving along the walls. Made a HUGE difference! Now I can actually park my truck in there... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's so cool. Could you also PM me the info.
Always need more space in the Bay Area.

BTW how hard is it to get your stuff down once it's up there?

kubolaw

Enlightened
Nice! Looks like a supersized version of the Hyloft organizer system. I installed a few of the 45x45 units in my garage (which turned out to be more difficult than I expected since I had to attach to the (angled) roof beams rather than (flat) celing beams). Nice for storing stuff I don't need on a regular basis.

Home Depot seemed to be clearing out the 45x45 version a while back for $40 or $50, which is a pretty good deal.

John

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
modamag said:
That's so cool. Could you also PM me the info.
Always need more space in the Bay Area.

BTW how hard is it to get your stuff down once it's up there?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll PM the info to you. BTW, very easy to get your stuff down since you will have access to all 4 sides. You just need a ladder.

Marty

greenLED

Flashaholic
Can you lower those racks somehow? A frind of mine built something similar and used a set of pulleys to lower and raise the shelves. Purty-cool space saver.

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
greenLED said:
Can you lower those racks somehow? A frind of mine built something similar and used a set of pulleys to lower and raise the shelves. Purty-cool space saver.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the racks are permanently attached to the joists but they are adjustable in height. I think they go from 20" to 30" but I'm not sure.

I'm having the installer set the height to 20" for my purpose. That way they will accomodate the storage containers that I have plus let the garage door clear the racks when it opens.

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had my storage racks installed yesterday.
My Garage
I had the racks installed to the rear of the door since putting them directly over the door limited the depth (from 24.5" to 17.5").

As soon as it gets below 90 degrees here in So. Calif., I'm moving my junk to the "attic".