My last Olight... I swear!

Lawman VII XIV

Newly Enlightened
I can stop anytime!

So I'm thinking of getting a Warrior 3. It's on a small sale 'till tonight 30 NOV. It's billed as a 'tactical' light. The side and tail cap buttons call to me. Can anybody advise if this is a thrower light vs a floody light?

I've got a few Olights now, but there all floody, and though the throw on all of them is good, I really want less flood. There are times when a super wide beam is good, and there are times when you just want the light downrange. So how's the Warrior line lean – throw or flood.

The Olight line as some nice lights but really want to move from their proprietary batteries. They also list a lot of accessories at their site but most of them are out of stock or discontinued. WTH. The battery for a Warrior light has been discontinued. Is that for a light that's also been disconnected? What's a guy to do if a battery dies and Olight doesn't sell a replacement propriety battery?

So this is my last Olight. For sure. Absolutely. Somebody call my sponsor.

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
I think they remove the option to buy accessories only during sales. Batteries will be available as they have a number of lights that use their special 21700.

The warrior 3 is a good light. Really my only gripe is the greenish tint on the lower modes. It's very bright and has good runtimes while being fairly compact with a clip that carries deeply. It has some throw but I would not say it's a thrower necessarily. The hotspot is big with some spill. A good medium range light. It also works decently for close up use.

Lawman VII XIV

Newly Enlightened
Their website shows a ton of accessories, but a lot are out of stock, sale or no sale.

A medium range light is fine but I really want a lot less spill than my Seeker 2 and 3, Warrior Mini 2, and similar Olights of mine. I've played with making some "lens hoods" just to see what it would take to reduce the huge spill but it's just to awkward to be practical.

It's a little disappointing to hear about the greenish tint given that Olight boasts a new LED. But it seem a greenish tint at low levels isn't all that uncommon, IIRC.

Anyway, thanks for the info. I may have to let the W3 go, and look for a low-spill light.

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
Glad to help. Unfortunately a lot of new olights have that green tint. It's not quite a dealbreaker, but I can live with it because I like so many other things about the lights.

I can post some warrior 3 beam shots for you tonight if that would help.

Last edited:

Lawman VII XIV

Newly Enlightened
I can post some warrior 3 beam shots for you tonight if that would help.
Sorry to get back to you so late, but I remained strong and passed on the Warrior 3. IF it comes on sale again, then it'll be a sign that I can't pass up.

However, at your convenience, if you could post a couple of pics of the beam showing the spill, I'd appreciate it.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
This Warrior 3 better have a whiter tint than the M2R Pro. That's the main reason I ordered it. All of the comparison reviews I read and watched says that it does.

I've sold most of my O-Lights, but this W3 really intrigued me. Guess I'll know in a few days.

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
This Warrior 3 better have a whiter tint...
The Olight Warrior 3 has calculated Tint on the Green side of the neutral tint BBL

here is a review

and the Tint DUV calculation (far above the neutral BBL, on the green side of the neutral tint line):

rioSdwG.png

Last edited:

BrightestBulb

Newly Enlightened
I just bought my first Olight on Black Friday. I bought the Marauder 2. One of the main reasons is that with the flip of the switch it goes from flood to spot. I got the best of both worlds. Seems to be very well built also.

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
Here's the warrior 3 on turbo, high and medium. It has a large hotspot but also decent spill. The spill on turbo and high is plenty to light up the whole back yard very well to the naked eye.

880F5070-AB16-4413-A498-9AFE6DDE20F6.jpeg
15115969-6E4A-45F6-B057-7C837B14743B.jpeg
B0B8B10A-6B2E-4FD5-B434-A56A76171401.jpeg

I think the warrior 3 is best suited to close/medium outdoors or a large indoor area. With the large hotspot you also get a lot of usefulness out of the moonlight and low modes. It served very well on a recent camping trip. Really it's quite a good all around large edc light, and can double as a hand warmer in winter. It carries deep and comfortably but the somewhat sharp bezel may tear up pants over time, we will see. I am quite happy with the light overall. Not perfect, but none are.