• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

My Mule and AA Twisty 'Pak'

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like a McG pocket clip might work. I'll install one if you want.

A clip would fit but the material thickness of the tail section is no where near as thick as on standard McGizmo paks, so the bolts would stick through and look sort of 'crap'. I'm also not sure at what point the clip would come in contact with the body as this tube is quite short! Still wouldn't mind a lanyard and matching titanum bead ;)

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is the actual length of the new light? Who custom made this?

I'd also like to see the McG pocket clip installed on it as well.

nbp

Flashaholic
[I posted this in the picture thread - forgot there was a thread specifically on this build, so I'm sorry for reposting here - I'll delete the other one.]

Hey Matt,

Do you have any idea why this body would work on the Mule head but not with other McG or E series heads? It is back up for sale and the seller says it does not work with other heads. It is causing some confusion among potential buyers who want to lego beyond just the Mule. Any insight would be great. :)

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
I saw another one for sale identical to the body in question that someone had up a page to two or back, and there was no mention on threading problems. I know threads can sometimes fix themselves or did the owner cross thread it some how to where it only threads on to the body in question?

Also, did they test an E series head on the body to narrow it down?

strange indeed.

Last edited:

Mattaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
The head itself needs to have a small rubber foam insert installed to prevent the battery from contact the V+ on the head constantly. It looks as if the spare I sold with it is still unused.

As to why it would not fit other e-series heads...absolutely no idea. I've only ever owned the mule head the body was fitted to, but if it fits those e-series threads then why would it not fit others? I honestly cannot say :shrug:

Might be a question for PhotonFanatic to answer perhaps?

nbp

Flashaholic
Thanks for responding Matt, we appreciate it. Curiouser and curiouser. Hahaha. :)

Yes, most likely Fred would know. He is the master of the tube! Might be worth asking him, as I had been pretty interested in that body.

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for responding Matt, we appreciate it. Curiouser and curiouser. Hahaha. :)

Yes, most likely Fred would know. He is the master of the tube! Might be worth asking him, as I had been pretty interested in that body.

Fred told me he had to turn a bit of the LE down (remove a bit of material from the LE) to get the twisty action to work properly. This is the reason why the body needs to be paired with that LE specifically. The head is stock. So, in theory, you could put that LE in any Aleph compatible head and use it with the twisty body. I was considering getting one, hence the question on this point to Fred. I like lego, so this was a deal breaker for me.

eala

nbp

Flashaholic
Ahh, thank you eala! That is great info, and very helpful. It makes sense now! :thumbsup:

nbp

Flashaholic
Smart indeed, haha. ;) I like clickies too, but that is really well machined and I do like how compact it is. Looks fantastic with thr Mule head.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Hey all,

I have posted a photo elsewhere but now that I have the light in hand I am excited to share more :)

Stock Mule Head with AA light engine and XML emitter. Custom machined body designed to look as stock as possible. I received permission from Don to do this prior to ordering anything just in case as the design does hit very close to home!

673d70b6af7528473dbf6a4506e9deca.jpg

Not sure why the split ring hole looks a little munted here? It's perfectly machined. Must be the angle.

7a977a75c539cd2c15ec26696163daaf.jpg

84d26b6551abfe2c1237f0284bba1afa.jpg

15e8f1222d4c783b258466ac3b772ac7.jpg

I did intend on carrying this light on my keys but I seriously don't think I'll be able to do that for two reasons:

1) Its a touch too big! Length wise is fine, but it's a little fatty. It would be fine if I didn't carry anything else on my keys. Maybe if I lose some of the unnecessary items I can get away with it? Then again...

2) ...its the most expensive light I own bar none. The machining on both parts is amazing and the action is like butter. The thought of scratching this makes me feel very uneasy :(

This light will probably and up in my display case dammit!!!

Speaking of action its easy to operate one handed. The mule head size is perfect and the body grips really well in the hand. I have a video to upload to YouTube once I get home to show anyone who's interested.

Thanks,

- Matt

EDIT: In use:

May ah we see your display case, I am trying to see how owners of McGizmo's display their lights!

Thanks,

RL