My newest dive light design

cummings66

Newly Enlightened
Some specs. SST-90 LED, aluminum housing that I machined and anodysed myself. The cap and front of the light is PVC rod stock that I machined and threaded to fit. The reflector is from DX and under water the light had very nice beam patterns. The canister for the batter is schedule 80 PVC that I cut to length and glued up the bottom sealing it. The cap where the cord goes in is clear acrylic I had on hand that's about 1" thick. The switch is magnetic using a driver and hall circuit from taskled. Ignore the jukebox, I'm working on that one, it's what pays the bills. I pressure tested it to 300 feet.

All that's left is to make my goodman handle and attach the straps to the can.

74FF5061-79AE-4ABB-8CC9-15E47CCFBE68.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
C12F207E-9F6F-4869-8E31-C0CC9DD7C5D4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

agoins

Newly Enlightened
Can you post some pictures on how you did the switch?

Thanks!

cummings66

Newly Enlightened
Can you post some pictures on how you did the switch?

Thanks!

There isn't really anything special there. I use the hall switch George at Taskled makes and use a loose magnet to switch it. Later on I'm going to machine a housing that I can place the magnet in and slide it sideways to make the circuit. So, his circuit is essentially glued to the underside of the lid.

foonanas

Newly Enlightened
How will the top of your canister be held on? I will assume with latches? Is the canister 2inch?

cummings66

Newly Enlightened
How will the top of your canister be held on? I will assume with latches? Is the canister 2inch?

It's a 3" can and the top is bolted to the body with internal O rings to seal it. I got tired of sourcing those dang side latches, lol. Not saying its perfect, in fact I have an idea to improve it.