My newest ride my favorite ride ever

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Thnx it was a bargain way less then the average car payment monthly

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I get bargains lol. I get deals so good it's like a art form . I visit sites like camel camel camel and Slickdeals I just get 50 percent off bought the kayak years ago in winter I used it twice it's nice but I'm afraid to flip over

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Yeah I wanna remove the sticker but I'm thinking it's painted on sadly

raggie33

*the raggedier*
The fun thing at least to me is some people spend more on a car and it's gas and insurance per week then my entire bike cost lol. I can go like 70 Miles per kWh. That's like 15 cents on my power bills. But a course a car is nicer in the rain and if your out of shape like I am lol

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I'm a geek so I crunch numbers say gas is 2 bucks a gallon and the car gets 40 mpg that's a range of 40 miles per 2 bucks it cost me 10 cents on my bike. But I'm working on solar but I can't figure out how to get a solar panel to charge at 42 voltsn

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a geek so I crunch numbers say gas is 2 bucks a gallon and the car gets 40 mpg that's a range of 40 miles per 2 bucks it cost me 10 cents on my bike. But I'm working on solar but I can't figure out how to get a solar panel to charge at 42 voltsn
People combine solar panels in series to increase voltage. Be careful raggie.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

raggie, it's almost impossible to get an exact voltage of 42V from panels. Varying sunshine will effect volts & amps from panels.
Step up voltage regulators can do 48V, but not exactly 42V

'IF' the battery pack has an input voltage range of like 36~48V =then give us the exact numbers..

I'd love to say just plug your bike into panels, it's just not that straightforward.
You just have to be creative & I'm sure something could work.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

hey raggie, just had a thought
If you could post a clear picture of back your bike charger (with all the voltages & input/output numbers)
maybe we can get closer on a direct solar connection for you.

The reason I say this; even though your bike says 36V, it may charge at a different voltage,,
that could make it easier for a direct solar charge.

example:: 36V voltage converter for single solar panel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09N1F6FR3/?tag=cpf0b6-20

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
A quick search yields a charging voltage for a 36V ebike battery as 42V max. A problem that happens is that faulty or mismatched chargers keep charging after the cells are 100% and this is when tragedy strikes. Solar panels should go through a good quality charge controller to avoid overcharging. Trying to do it manually is courting disaster. One possibility would be to have a charging method that won´t go over, say 95% charged. Research is important.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

True K

We are going about this not having the bike/charger/battery.
There's a chance the battery pack itself has a green light that shows full charge, we both don't know yet.

If I were to make an e-bike, it would have a input voltage range w/ an Anderson connector for true (high watt) solar charge capability.
More involved, but way easier in the long run.

it's coming (y)

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Today took my gaser for a long long long long ride I'm a true idiot it was awful roads had no room for bicycles then I hit construction on bridge lol them I'm on a huge highway all while it was around 34 degrees lol. I was so happy on my way home where I knew my way the rest of the way .