My next buy I want a monster thrower and flood any recommendations?

Cliffjumper

Newly Enlightened
I'm not convinced an X50 vs. LR50R is a direct, like-for-like comparison. The Fenix turbo runs for maybe 60-90 seconds from the graphs I've found. But claimed output is 30% of Acebeam's original X50 and 26% of the X50 2.0. So I would absolutely expect Fenix's turbo to run longer. Since Acebeam is starting stratospherically high compared to Fenix, it's gonna have major a heat handicap if you compare turbo to turbo and sustained output. Keep in mind that the original X50 has a 14,000 lumen mode (I'm looking at the 6500K variant) and that compares more favorably to Fenix's LR50R. By 5 minutes, Fenix drops to ~4000 lumens and holds that to the finish line. Acebeam holds over 10000 lumens until 3.5 minutes until it drops to ~4000 through the end.

Fenix might be a better value when looking at MSRP comparisons but I bought mine discounted lower than the LR50R so it was a no-brainer for me. At this class of light, I don't consider the total run time a factor at the lowest outputs. But that's a personal consideration when I'm shopping for something like this, which is purely a way to impress friends, annoy neighbors, and possibly ****-off my wife. :oops: (Also, the v2 X50's minimum output is 8x that of the LR50R, so it's not the most direct comparison here either.)

This will only be my 4th Acebeam product so my experience is more limited w/ the brand. But so far, I like the 3 that I already have. The only thing I would change is to have their lowest outputs lower at the cost of wider mode spacing.

Salute Rocket

Newly Enlightened
Lots of good suggestions. You really can't go wrong with an Emisar D18 for over 10,000 lumen of flood or a Noctigon K1 for excellent throw. You could get both for under $250 depending on the emitters you want. I also like the Thrunite TN42, good all around thrower. The new version has SBT.90 emitter which is impressive for throw and flood. Lots of heat and It's about $300 though.

Was looking at ace beam X50 & Fenix LR50R or is there anything else better….budget is around $500
dont want a quick step down in brightness the more time the better before it does!
was thinking of the ms18 100,000 lumen but it's a lil big!
should I wait a few year and maybe things will get a lot better or will they just increase a small amount with cooling better emitters etc!
MS12 Mini.