My Surefire L6 Digital Lumimax is dead. Pics inside.

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
What ??? SF replaced the L6 with a G2X, that is a joke, I would feel insulted. That is unacceptable. A plastic body light, given that is not plastic but you get my point. For the prices they charge these days that is LOW for Surefire. It should have been a minimum of say LX2. I don't keep up with their current models but G2X is on the cheap. Yea G2X is a light and it will work but that is not the point. I would call back and go up in the ranks to give you a proper replacement light.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree MBentz. A KX9 bezel would be more like it!

If they can't/won't fix it, yes that is actually what they should have sent him. Sf cs has always been good to me, but that is some bs what they pretend to replace an L6 with. "Lifetime"

or at the very least, there is a nice l6 on the cpfm, make them buy you that!

BezelHead

Newly Enlightened
Interesting. They replaced an expensive three cell, metal bodied light with an inexpensive two cell plastic light. I can see why they did that, but I'm not sure that's a fair replacement. As long as you're happy coctailer, that's all that matters!

3 times the lumen plus he gets his old light back. Not Bad! This is not typical for SF, replacements usually entail getting the original out of circulation so it can't come back as a warranty in the future. Price on older models do not reflect pricing on new technology, it's the performance that is important.

coctailer

Newly Enlightened
I'm sure they would have replaced it with a like model if I would have asked.

I'm fine with getting literally a better light and my old light back. I'll have it modded and get some real light out of it now.

The L6 really isn't a good performer by today's standards.....

Last edited:

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
These things take batteries??? I filled it up with gas. Still won't start.:poke:

After soaking it to get rid of the gas smell....J.K.

This is one beautiful light! Coctailer, are you sure you aren't bored with this light?:devil:

Now he has three stages, X-PL, and can run any battery combo up to 16v.

DXUmmXtVymxiMrfkQ9FTRsRTKf3rTA0xXsiXaBElKbk=w736-h981-no

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love CPF. The light is now more functional than it was when it was new.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
i too think it's a bit weak that Surefire are replacing an expensive 3 cell light with combat grip rings with their cheapest model 2 cell light. At the very least they should have given you a G2ZX. At least then you would have like for like functionality.

That's one way to look at it, and it makes sense. Another way to look at it, you get to use the light for a few years, and then they give you a new one.

but I do hear you loud and clear, it's slightly disappointing.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's one way to look at it, and it makes sense. Another way to look at it, you get to use the light for a few years, and then they give you a new one.

I never thought of it from Surefire's perspective until I read your post. They are taking a broken light that offered what, 80 lumens of output on three batteries for four hours? And in return they give him their best, newest, most advanced standard light that does 320 lumens for 2.75 hours and 15 lumens for 45 hours. They probably think they did him a favor! A lot of people don't understand the sentimental attachment, or the fondness for having a discontinued light.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
A lot of people don't understand the sentimental attachment, or the fondness for having a discontinued light.

That and the L6 IMO, is better looking than most of the new stuff. Heck! I think my old Surefire C2 looks better than the new stuff. :)

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
That and the L6 IMO, is better looking than most of the new stuff. Heck! I think my old Surefire C2 looks better than the new stuff. :)

I 100% agree with you there. Not much trumps a C2 or 6P in the looks department.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I never thought of it from Surefire's perspective until I read your post. They are taking a broken light that offered what, 80 lumens of output on three batteries for four hours? And in return they give him their best, newest, most advanced standard light that does 320 lumens for 2.75 hours and 15 lumens for 45 hours. They probably think they did him a favor! A lot of people don't understand the sentimental attachment, or the fondness for having a discontinued light.

*And* they gave back the old light which can be used for modding or whatever. Great deal.

coctailer

Newly Enlightened
After soaking it to get rid of the gas smell....J.K.

This is one beautiful light! Coctailer, are you sure you aren't bored with this light?:devil:

Now he has three stages, X-PL, and can run any battery combo up to 16v.

Thanks Nitroz!!

I use this thing more now than I did before. It's got a pretty big hotspot, and the spill is nice and bright. It's almost floody.

Its like I have a Ferrari as a daily driver now.:cool:

Last edited: