My wife's in Hong Kong?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

My wife\'s in Hong Kong?

Firstly though,I spent a while reading some of the huge number of posts in this forum. Of course I purchased a DB 6AA, Clipper 3LED and a new bike light in the process.

Yes, my wife's visiting HK and has offered to bring me back a present. I suggested a flashlight.

After consideration I decided on one of the SF E1's. Could anyone living or recently been to HK please provide me with a good source for one of these. She is extremely short of time and will NOT shop around.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Toby

yclo

Flashaholic*
Re: My wife\'s in Hong Kong?

Ap Liu Street in the Shum Shui Po area has many shops that carry the surefire line.

Hope you get one soon!

YC

Chuen

Newly Enlightened

Don't forget to buy some 123A batteries at those street stores in Ap Liu Street They only cost 10HKD each (~US$1.3)

hairydogs

Newly Enlightened

which shop in apliu street sells 123 cells for $10?

I need a few dozen for the stock? what brand are these?

yclo

Flashaholic*

The street stalls sell 123 cells for $10 HK each. You might have to look around different stalls, but I'm positive that a couple has them for $10.

YC

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast

Situation in Ap Chiu Street :-

a) prices for batteries are listed and do not need to bargain. Stay with street stalls rather than shops. Get Panasonic CR123 at HK$10 (US$1.28). Sanyo Rechargeable AA 1700ma listed HK$50 to HK$55 for 4 packs ($6.41 to $7.00)

b) for DB 6AA listed HK$128 ($16.50); Clipper 3 listed HK$150 ($19.50 - you could get this cheaper in the U.S.)

c) SF E1, oops... I don't remember its price. For SF, you've got to shop around as prices vary quite a bit.

Good luck.

Alan

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast

WOW! It seems like the local street shops in Hong Kong have a better stock of Surefires than the local shops in MY area - and the rest of this country as a matter of fact. I live in San Diego and there is only one shop that carries a conisistant line of Surefire products. And they charge me 80 dollars for an E2 Executive! Why is that?

Plus...what's with the prices on Cr123 batteries over there? Why can't we get batteries at those prices??? I have to shop on ebay and order at least a few hundred to get batteries at those prices...and they're not even Panasonics or Sanyos. I dunno....

Maybe i should just stop complaining and take a trip around the world in search of better prices on batteries and flashlights. Ahh...i can see the look on my parents faces when i tell them why i'm heading East! haha.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the replies. Makes me wish I was over there too.

Toby

smile.gif

GeoffChan

Enlightened

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> they charge me 80 dollars for an E2 excutive <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your lucky! Some shops where I am charge $295AU for a 6Z!

Geoff

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Geoffchan:
Your lucky! Some shops where I am charge $295AU for a 6Z!

Geoff
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man, that bites. I'll have to make sure I stock up before I move back to Brissie..

Graham

hairydogs

Newly Enlightened

What brands are the 123 cells sold at the stalls in Apliu Street? panasonic? what about the expiry dates?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I priced the E1 from the Aust. distributor and the GM is $120 and HA is $140. I have seen them for discounted to around $40US for GM in US. 123's are still expensive in AU @$10.

Toby

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the message geoffchan.

Maybe yclo would show us his Arc LS if we offered to buy him a coffee???

Toby

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by toby:
I priced the E1 from the Aust. distributor and the GM is $120 and HA is $140. I have seen them for discounted to around $40US for GM in US. 123's are still expensive in AU @$10.

Toby
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

$140 for the HA isn't too bad I guess. That's only slightly more than what they go for here in Japan.

That's a bit much for 123s though. Normal price here is about A$7, however a few weeks ago I found that a lot of electrical stores were discounting Sony 123s and selling them for about A$5 each. I figured that I wouldn't do much better than that, so I stocked up and got about 48 of them..all have end of 2006 expiry so they should last ok.

Graham

DonL

Enlightened

Could the travel costs of a trip to Hong Kong be deductible on our income taxes as "medical treatment for alleviation of an addiction"?

What about simply the costs of flashlights throughout the year?

wink.gif
grin.gif

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hairydog:
What brands are the 123 cells sold at the stalls in Apliu Street? panasonic? what about the expiry dates?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, they're panasonic. You could hardly find any expired 123 cells as they move real fast. Most LEO use either Scorpion or SF as standard equipment (from their own pocket). Cameras sells like crazy too, guess what batteries they need
wink.gif

Alan

yclo

Flashaholic*

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by toby:
Maybe yclo would show us his Arc LS if we offered to buy him a coffee???
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I am going to join Critical Mass for a big bike ride this friday night. You might be able to see some guy on a bike with a photon rav'n attached to his wheel...

YC

GeoffChan

Enlightened

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> posted 04-22-2002 06:08 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Toby

--------------------
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this from Kenmax Special Products/vast in Sydney or Pacific Rim in Brissie?

Geoff

Frank

Newly Enlightened

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEDagent:
I live in San Diego and there is only one shop that carries a conisistant line of Surefire products. And they charge me 80 dollars for an E2 Executive! Why is that?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IIRC, there used to be a place in downtown near where the Gaslamp is now called SD Police Equipment. I'm not sure if it's still there or if their prices are good. There's also a gun show in Del Mar on the 26th and 27th. The last one I went to had several tables of Surefires with decent, but not internet, prices.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast

Frank:

San Diego Police Equipment is now located on El Cajon Blvd around 40th street. They sell and promote a lot more Streamlight than they do SF.

I've not seen another SF dealer open to the public in SD, but a number of sporting goods stores carrying weapons also carry Streamlight.