My wish list come true from Eternalight

Spork

Enlightened
When do we get to see some shots and comparisons? Looks like a great light but for 40 bucks I have the innova which is probably brighter and just as easy to carry. for 59 I have my lightwave 4000 which probably blows this thing away.

Harrkev

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mrchri5:
When do we get to see some shots and comparisons? Looks like a great light but for 40 bucks I have the innova which is probably brighter and just as easy to carry. for 59 I have my lightwave 4000 which probably blows this thing away.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but how about the *COOL* factor. The EternaLights have cool.

KenBar

Enlightened
Remember...if you do want one...it is only this price for one week.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> Ken the pages are up - Go have a look - CPF members can order - remember
$59.99 only one week!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as I can tell on this new light the only inprovements are minor. Stand up feet, a magnet and some better case screws. I already have a X-ray. What would make me rush and fork out more money for this new model? Is it brighter? If so how much brighter? The web site states that you MAY get S rank leds.
I DO like my ergo and use it and would buy another IF it had greater output, battery life be damned. Please help me on this.
grin.gif

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JackStraw:
I purchased my ErgoXray in early Jan. Anyway of knowing if it has the "S" Nichia's in it?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Short of sticking it in the eye while on and seeing if you become permently blind...no...I know of no way....maybe a light meter.

Phred, if you can sell your old one or give it to someone for a special occation and if you do not need the money for the Surefire LS, Arc LS and the CPF AAA Arc...and want one because of the improvements...feet, magnet, better screws...I say go for it. However, if your only interested because it might be brighter...well, even Eternalight says the one you get may or may not be.

I will say this...for those who want one of these and do not already have one, this might be a great time to move on it. Although there are other lights for the same $$ that are brighter, this one is small and has a Star Trek phaser look (the cool factor) and the multi brightness levels is a very nice feature. With these minor changes it should be a great light.

I hope Ken (da Wolfman) gets it soon and can give a review while there is still time to take advantage of the low price offer.

KenBar

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I hope Ken (da Wolfman) gets it soon and can give a review while there is still time to take advantage of the low price offer.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Ken...
I should have it tomorrow...and I will do a review tomorrow night. I gave away my ERGO Xray that I converted to a co worker. He was totally thrilled. If you remember, that is the one I broke the case on the first day I got it. I will be the first one to admit that I AM rough on cases.

This has been a gentle pet peave with me since I started buying them. I am extremely excited over the ability to stand on end, better contacts, and better screws. Tom told me they were unable to break it ... flinging it as high up in the parking lot as they could etc.

I will probably be biased in the review I do as I really am partial to the Eternalight and Arc. I will try and be fair in my review nevertheless...

This flu bug I got is rather brutal...

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
The clue is "X2.35"...guess I`m slow these days. X2 means twice as bright right? Do I win a prize?
grin.gif

JollyRoger

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ken B:
The clue is "X2.35"...guess I`m slow these days. X2 means twice as bright right? Do I win a prize?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I think the x2.35 stands for this:

The X is the ergoXray elite.
The 2.35 is the software version.

My old ergo (marine version) says 2.0 right where this one says x2.35....

JollyRoger

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ken B:
Hmm, then is it x2.3s?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahhh....that's a possibility...

JollyRoger

Enlightened
BTW, to those who have successfully modified the eternalights and put 8 leds in them...was this done by simply adding another led in parallel to each "terminal"?

How does brightness compare? 20% brighter overall with 8 leds? I imagine it's not twice as bright... I'm thinking of modifying my eternalight and would appreciate any info.

Terrapin Flyer

Newly Enlightened
Actually I found out there is a simple way to determine what LED's you may have installed in your recently manuf'd. ErgoXray, as I called Tech. Assocs. just a few moments ago. A straightforward answer was not provided, but I provided them with info that helped concretely confirm what LED's were in my unit.

I agree with and respect Tech. Assocs. decision to not make this info readily available, as they are in the product launch portion of this project's life cycle. No sense detracting from that just because they had to use some of the brighter LED's in an established model. This is a temporary situation for them, and a short-lived opportunity for a few lucky owners.

Tell ya' what, here's a hint similar to that which was provided to me. If you look closely at the guts of the Elite in this pic Elite Internals, there's a designation that my confirmed "S" Nichia ErgoXray also has. I'll leave it at that out of respect for Tech. Assocs. and their efforts.

PS - I'm ordering an Elite too. These babies are bright! An improved case, better hardware and mounting thereof, and Li batts to boot - after I added Li batts the total cost on my ErgoXray-S was more than the special price on the Elite! $59.99 in my book is a deal on this light (all comparisions aside). My ErgoXray-S is still in pristine condition and "giftable" to some lucky family member
grin.gif

Flagone

Newly Enlightened
I opened my Ergo X-Ray I got in December. Mine says X2.3 followed by a dot over which they have glued the internal led.

I guess that means it is a standard.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that is an "S" and not a "5" in my X-Ray.....

Hmmm

This puppy does seem brighter than my Ergo-M, but I haven't been very scientific and put brand new batteries in the Ergo-M, I just try to recharge the Ray-O-Vac Renewals in it as fully as I can, the X-Ray has standard Energizer alkalines...

KenBar

Enlightened
Got it!

All I can say is order one if you are a flashalcoholic...

This is what I have wanted for some time now.

The first thing I did was take it apart....the battery case is IMHO much improved.

Everything the brag sheet on the site says is true.

It still has a small footprint.....yet it is big enough to stand on end easily.

The size was increased just a tad. It has a VERY sturdy feel.

It sticks to the fridge door, and stays there when slammed.

The magnet is VERY low profile but quite strong. I was especially pleased with this .
It "sticks out" about .5mm. The rest is inside the case.

I probably am not going to be tempted to modify anything on this model.

The best thing is that intangible....it just "feels good".

The new inserts are visible from the outside and give it a look of "made like a tank".

If "water tight" is your thing...you are going to be in heaven....this will go to the bottom and not leak. A side benefit is the led's in front will not get "mashed in" as the front screws can be good and tight now and hold them in place.

I would say that if you don't have one....get it. If you have the old model....give it to a good friend.

I don't think anyone will be disappointed about ANY detail of the new model. The web site has great pictures of exactly what it looks like.

All the functions appear to be the same...including the battery life feature etc.

I have only had 30 min to look at it since I got home but from what I can see so far you enjoy it.

I guess I will retire my only ErgoMarine to my tool box now.

Almost forgot.....it is most assuredly 4 BRIGHT led's.

I would feel real bad leading anyone on this forum astray. I truly don't think anyone would regret trading up for this one.

AND my 6 year old daughter has already tried to talk me out of it.....Sorry baby...no dice.
smile.gif

Empath

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wolfman:
The magnet is VERY low profile but quite strong. I was especially pleased with this .
It "sticks out" about .5mm. The rest is inside the case.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can the magnet be removed without destroying the case?
confused.gif

KenBar

Enlightened
I am not sure....
The magnet is EXTREMELY innocuous.
In that it is recessed, what would you put in the hole?
It has a onion paper thin piece of white protective tape covering the magnet.
I removed this piece as I prefer a natural look.
My guess is that you could order it without...if you wished....JUST A GUESS...but probably accurate.

Once again, the magnet barely sticks out...1/3 the thickness of a dime.

Hope this helps.

One001

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the quick review Wolfman. Sounds like something we really have to get. Can you tell us what tinting are the LEDs? Are these the SB1 LED's as in the ARC LE or the SB2? Are they pure white, blue, violet or pink? How does the brightness and beam quality compare to the ARC LS? How much brighter would you say compared to the Ergo Xray? Is there any difference in brightness in the blue internal LED?