My XML LED flashlight too green tint lottery stats, so far

CmeCU

Newly Enlightened
1. 4-7's Quark mini AA2 - returned (the greenest I've seen - would've been good for St. Pat's yesterday...) (edit - oops - this isn't an xml...)

2. Lumintop TD-15X - kept - good.

3. Olight M3x - returned.

4. Thrunite Catapult V3 - kept - good.

5. Fenix TK35 - returned (but I was at 4-7's office today, and they had a demo Tk35 that was good. I would have bought it, but they wouldn't sell me their demo. I had tried 2 others at GoingGear's shop, and they were too green, too, but now that I know there are whiter ones out there, I'll try some more...

6. 4-7's X7 - nope - too green to buy.

7. 4-7's Quark minix123 - nope - too green to buy.

I'll keep playing the lotto in person, but I won't order any more by mail until CREE gets their tint selection choices out and manufactures build them in tint-rated lights.

Last edited:

woofwoof

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info. I hadn't bothered with the S2s because of all the reports of green tint. Then today I was thinking about ordering a X7 from GG now that their website shows it in stock, but you have me thinking maybe I should wait. By any chance did you check out any of the X7s at GG?

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
This reminds me of when the XP-G was still brand new. I got several sickly green lights. Did not like them at all. Now all the XP-G's I get are nice pure white. I guess you just gotta give them some time to sort out the colors.

CmeCU

Newly Enlightened
I'll probably stop by GoingGear today or tomorrow and check out some 4-7's X7's, some more Fenix TK35s, and some ThruNite Scorpions.

Heavytrevy

Newly Enlightened
Are all XML green tints?
I have 2 Fenix tk35 1 is a green tint and the other is a blue.
The blue appears to be brighter, but the green works better outside.

Trev

Connor

Enlightened
I'll keep playing the lotto in person, but I won't order any more by mail until CREE gets their tint selection choices out and manufactures build them in tint-rated lights.

Hmm, tough luck.
I have only one XM-L light so far, a 1st batch Quark MiNi X 123. Spill is lightly purple, but the spot is just white, I can only see the slightest purple hue when comparing it to other LEDs. And if I can't see it without a reference, it's definitely white enough for me. :D

jellydonut

Enlightened
Have a relatively early 1A XM-L P60 module from Dave (nailbender). The tint is a bit blue as expected from such a cold tint, but it is not something I didn't expect. Very pleased with the module. :)

recDNA

Flashaholic
I have the 2.8 amp potted version. I like it a lot. I just wish I could run it on 2 X 18500. 1 X 26650 would be nice too but $100 just for a 1 X 26650 host without a head strikes me as more than a little steep.