MyPod...Bead Blasted by Endeavour

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I just got this done and havent yet got it back, I still want to let everyone see it.

CPFer Endeavour has bead blasted the back of my 3G 15GB Apple iPod. From what I can see in all of the pictures, its an evenly blasted and well uniformed look.

With the bead blasting, you eliminate most, if not all current scratches on the back. It also gets your 'Pod more scratch resistant. More grip to the back will keep your Pod in your hand better as well. I hear it feels like skin...not sure on that one though.

Here's a picture of what I got/soon to get back:
fp.jpg

You can see some of the bad scratches I had on my iPod before and they are gone in the after photos. When I get it back, I will take some more photos for ya'll to see.

You do lose the ultra reflectivness that the iPod is known for but you gain a neat, original and personal touch to it.

I fully suspect I will be more than satisfied with my iPod once I get it back from shipping here in a day or two. Once I do get it back, I will finish this little 'review'-slash-kick butt idea!

Thanks Endeavour!

Cameron

Saaby

Flashaholic
Are the engravings still 100% readable, or does it blurry them?

Maybe I'll have him do it when my 'Photo starts getting scratched up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
He has done two, or three, I am not sure. While he did warn me that they may come off, they didnt; and havent on the other one or two. He had a pretty good idea that they would come off on mine too, being that I had beat the crap out of the back of mine(would tear off more easily). Still didnt though. From what I can tell from larger pictures, I should be able to read the Serial Number on the back and all the other little text crap. Not sure though. You can definatly believe that you can from larger versions of those photos.

Cameron

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad you like it Cameron - hopefully it will arive soon.

As for the text on the iPod: Depending on how badly the back is scratched determines how long and hard I have to bead blast the back to get them out. Of course, the longer the blast, the less readable it all becomes.

Cameron's was pretty beat up, and though you can read most of what's on there, the smaller print is pretty hard to read well, since I had to bead blast it a lot more to get everything out.

Hopefully when he gets it back he'll be able to give you a better opinion and some pictures on everything - right now it's packed up and ready to get out of here tomorrow.

Saaby: Remember that Apple logo you sent me? I still want to try that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use to use a cabnet blaster to clean parts. We used different gritt to remove little or a lot of material. You could blast a can of pepsi and actually remove layer by layer of paint to the bare metal.

Ive also seem some nice paint jobs on ipods too.