Name that headlight

Hilldweller

Enlightened
Spotted by a forum member on ExPo --- looks like an H4, unknown country of origin or vintage.
Who made the headlights? How's your memory, Virgil?

headlight.jpg
cool.truck.jpg

Hilldweller

Enlightened

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
what the?
They were the forum....

I haven't been on for a while. What happened?
....the forum does look different.

That was the root of the problem. Their technical expertise was always welcome. Their moderation style left a lot to be desired. I have no hard feelings for either of them, and hope they decide to log back in.

That forward cab is very cool though!

Bill Idaho

Newly Enlightened
It sure looks like a Jeep cab-over, or FC series from the late 50s, The US military tested a whole bunch of variations of that platform. The picture also shows an early style M-series tail light, so..........
The design on the glass lens is new to me, and as a military vehicle collector, that one doesn't look familiar at all.

Hilldweller

Enlightened
That was the root of the problem. Their technical expertise was always welcome. Their moderation style left a lot to be desired. I have no hard feelings for either of them, and hope they decide to log back in.

That forward cab is very cool though!
Yeah, that was an ongoing thing about them; Alaric caught it from Virgil. Very strict doctrine.
As a test and measurement professional, I got it. I work in science. Data. Facts.
...but I try not to be too pedantic...

I loved them both anyhow. I work with a lot of pedants and am used to it.
It's thems that ain't right and think they are that steam me...

Hilldweller

Enlightened
It sure looks like a Jeep cab-over, or FC series from the late 50s, The US military tested a whole bunch of variations of that platform. The picture also shows an early style M-series tail light, so..........
The design on the glass lens is new to me, and as a military vehicle collector, that one doesn't look familiar at all.
I've got a few friends that are on Steel Soldiers and have military vehicles. If you're on that forum maybe you could post?
It's a cool truck and I'd like to find out more about it.

jzchen

Enlightened
A long long long time ago….

I do believe I unintentionally (for sure) got on one or both of their nerves, which earned me an immediate delete of my posts. IIRC I believe you may have been the one to try to report it up the ladder because some other moderator popped in for a little bit. (Thank you for your help).

(Sad to find them gone anyways). I tried to send a PM to Alaric because we had discussed privately about solar energy we have on our roof for almost 10 years now, to give an update on how it's working out, but didn't get a response….

DRW

Enlightened
Virgil and Alaric departed from the forum so its not likely you'll get a public reply back
I abandoned an account due to one of them. Can't remember which, but it's water under the bridge now.

och

Newly Enlightened
This looks like the Russian UAZ, probably for intl markets.

och

Newly Enlightened
This looks like the Russian UAZ, probably for intl markets

Mosports

Newly Enlightened
Virgil and Alaric departed from the forum so its not likely you'll get a public reply back.
Looks like a standard 7" H4 headlamp. Susquehanna Motorsports has them in stock in either DOT or ECE certification.