Name the most important thing you have found out in your life!

Poppy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
nevermind the tesla worker robots, I'm more concerned with Boston Dynamics' combat robot, they've seem to be evolving fairly fast for what they were 15 years ago

@fulee9999 this is scary.
Go to war, and he who has the deepest pockets, and ability to manufacture replacements (chips included) wins.

fulee9999

Enlightened

@fulee9999 this is scary.
Go to war, and he who has the deepest pockets, and ability to manufacture replacements (chips included) wins.

oh, and these are only the ones the public is privy to, imagine the current military models and what can they do. military development is always years ahead of the civil/public engineering ones

Poppy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
There are some youtube videos where the Ukrainians are using civilian drones, modified to carry and drop hand grenades on Russians in trenches.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
If your ever fired look right at the fireer and say I dotn even work here. Then

Poppy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Hope this don't offend anyone but I don't trust humans who don't like dogs
I understand what you are saying, BUT...
I've seen dogs that are very calm and composed, go ballistic when a man in uniform approaches. Not just post men, but UPS drivers, or police.

Personally, I've never been intimidated by a dog, but after my experience with a little yorki, may have changed my perception.

We rescued him. We were warned that he is protective of his toys, and is a little nippy. Well let me tell ya, this little rat was possessed! I went to pick him up and he turned and bit my hand three times before I could swat him away.

It taught me how much damage can be caused by a larger dog.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
My folks had a female Chihuahua mix that did the same thing, snapping all the time. One day I picked her up firmly by the nap of her neck and bit down on her ear untill she yelped out.. She never snapped at me again after that. She also lived to ripe old age of 21. I don't miss that dog!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
My folks had a female Chihuahua mix that did the same thing, snapping all the time. One day I picked her up firmly by the nap of her neck and bit down on her ear untill she yelped out.. She never snapped at me again after that. She also lived to ripe old age of 21. I don't miss that dog!
My neighbors had an old one that would chase us on our bicycle. No problem if you had long pants on because he would chomp down on your pants leg and there'd be a tooth stuck in the cloth.

Another neighbor had a 21 year old cat that looked like she'd stuck her paw in an electric socket. One day it was outside and another cat walked up like "pffft, screw you old lady". Next thing you know the petrified cat had chased the stranger up a tree.

Lesson learned: just because it's old don't mean it's not dangerous. 👍

Poppy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
LOL My grandmother had a Chihuahua too. I was young, and it bit me. I went to grab it, as it ran away, and caught it by the tail, and I bit it. I don't recall its reaction, nor any repercussions.

This Yorki, had something wrong with it. He'd be all lovey dovey, climb up on your lap, and onto your chest, and lick your face. He'd fall asleep with my daughter, and if she'd move her leg, he'd bite her. I bought 4 pairs of leather gloves, one for each of us, so that we could handle him without fear of being injured, when picking him up, or getting him out of his crate.

I decided to leave a leash tied to him. This way we wouldn't have to pick him up to take him outside to pee. He still wasn't house broken, (although they told us he was). This one time, I had him by the leash, and he was jumping 30 inches in the air trying to bite me. So I raised my arm, and let him hang there for a bit. After that, he had a whole new understanding.

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I never condone animal abuse, I've found that some dogs are just a-holes and slapping them senseless is pretty much the only way to get them to quit messing with you.

Heck, I know a lot of people who would benefit from the same treatment!!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
We have one on are street crazy jerk growls me in my own drive way. But all bad dogs I've seen are the product of there owners .

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
LOL My grandmother had a Chihuahua too. I was young, and it bit me. I went to grab it, as it ran away, and caught it by the tail, and I bit it. I don't recall its reaction, nor any repercussions.

This Yorki, had something wrong with it. He'd be all lovey dovey, climb up on your lap, and onto your chest, and lick your face. He'd fall asleep with my daughter, and if she'd move her leg, he'd bite her. I bought 4 pairs of leather gloves, one for each of us, so that we could handle him without fear of being injured, when picking him up, or getting him out of his crate.

I decided to leave a leash tied to him. This way we wouldn't have to pick him up to take him outside to pee. He still wasn't house broken, (although they told us he was). This one time, I had him by the leash, and he was jumping 30 inches in the air trying to bite me. So I raised my arm, and let him hang there for a bit. After that, he had a whole new understanding.
My dad had a dobie that was an awesome guard dog, but was harmless. He taught her to bite gentle. As the dog got older she was going senile.

He was ill and had a nurse at times help out. Now if they had on light blue shoes the dog did not like that at all. The regular nurse had some light blue trainers she liked a lot but the dog on the other hand did not. While he napped the nurse would read Scriptures. Sitting in a easy chair with the dog in the room, everytime she crossed her legs the dog would get up, walk across the room and bite the nurses shoe and go back across the room and lay back down. Eventually the nurse wore other colored shoes and the dog left those alone.

We learned (too late) the dog had nose cancer and it caused blindness. Apparently very common in doberman pinchers.

My wife used to be a dog trainer. She did not like training yorkies, mainly because they're so possesive of things like toys or even people. People would come in saying "fee fee keeps biting (insert name here) whenever they want to play fetch with his toy" or "fee fee bites unless I rub his chest just right" and stuff like that. It was usually from the owners having a spoiled brat for a dog, but in general yorkies think they're German shepards but end up with "little man" syndrome. It's called resource aggressive and is very common in dogs of all kinds of breeds. Some are that way from day 1, others it's a "learned behavior". That's the ones she couldn't help because the owners wouldn't stop spoiling the dog.

Last edited:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I used to cat sit for a friend a number of times. Those critters would approach you to get pets, then they'd turn around and nip you. One momma cat and two of her offspring and they all behaved the same way. I had to learn to read their body language so I could tell when they were about to flip from nice to mean. Eventually I was able to avoid getting bit. I've been around cats for years and that was the first time I've seen that behavior. I used to have cats myself that were sweet and lovable. I miss them.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I have stray cat freinds my night vision sucks. I go out at night can't see more then shapes sometimes I'll have 5 shapes I'm not sure if it's my friend or strays I don't know lol. I'm pretty sure one night I was petting a raccoon lol felt many muscles