Nano light is good..but it needs to go, need another small keychain light.

Tooly

Newly Enlightened
Love the nano...but I need new batteries and ill be damned I aint spending more for batteries then the light. I have a ti2 but want something smaller.What do ya guys recommend? I want something that uses a AAA battery.

Thanks guys.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Smaller than AAA is AAAA, the Klarus MiX5:

i9PA0H9LSchZ9.jpg

Tooly

Newly Enlightened
AAA is fine...thats more then I would like to spend. Thanks

Poppy

Flashaholic
Love the nano...but I need new batteries and ill be damned I aint spending more for batteries then the light. I have a ti2 but want something smaller.What do ya guys recommend? I want something that uses a AAA battery.

Thanks guys.

Read through this thread.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?382511-AAA-Light-for-Key-Chain-Carry

I carried the Streamlight nano for nearly a year. I probably used it three times for five seconds each, because I didn't want to deplete the batteries. I feel your pain. I also have a thrunite Ti (the predecessor of the Ti2) I agree... it was too big to carry, I wanted something smaller.

I carry the DQG AAA IV touted as the smallest AAA light in stainless. It is a little pricey at about $32, but I love it. I got mine in the 4A neutral tint. Beautiful :)
There is another AAA light that might be a single mm shorter, I think it is the preon 0.

Read the above thread, there are pictures and an intelligent discussion.

Last edited:

Tooly

Newly Enlightened
Read through this thread.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?382511-AAA-Light-for-Key-Chain-Carry

I carried the Streamlight nano for nearly a year. I probably used it three times for five seconds each, because I didn't want to deplete the batteries. I feel your pain. I also have a thrunite Ti (the predecessor of the Ti2) I agree... it was too big to carry, I wanted something smaller.

I carry the DQG AAA IV touted as the smallest AAA light in stainless. It is a little pricey at about $32, but I love it. I got mine in the 4A neutral tint. Beautiful :)
There is another AAA light that might be a single mm shorter, I think it is the preon 0.

Read the above thread, there are pictures and an intelligent discussion.

Thanks I posted to quick, after my thread got moved I seen the thread you posted... and read it.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks chris

Just remember that AAA lights aren't AA lights and so they're limited. Don't expect them to do what 'bigger' lights can do and you'll keep your expectations in check, but some of the above do perform admirably and do so in a very small package.

Chris

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
I have a suggestion.

I too have a Ti2.

For something smaller I suggest the Sunwayman R02A. I have posted both my comments about it and also links to beamshots and charts showing runtime and regulation in this link (link)

Compared to the Ti2, the R02A is noticeably shorter in length and diameter, and the weight of the R02A + eneloop seemed lighter than the weight of the Ti2 with no eneloop inside it.

The only reason that I returned it is that my R02A came from a batch from the retailer that was green-tinted. I have the AA-version the Sunwayman R15A which has a wonderful cool white without any off-tint. Between that and the fact that the beamshots in the post that I linked to show an R02A with a wonderful tint, I'm confident it is possible to obtain an R02A without any off-tint. Batteryjunction said that in the future that they would be willing to check the R02A for green tint before I order it again.

Based on the specs, the R02A should have a low comparable to the R15A (4 lumens and 5 lumens, respectively). As a flashlight for my most recurring everyday uses, I think 4 to 5 lumens is more practical for me for both indoor and outdoor use in the city than the lower low mode of the Ti2.
Though Sunwayman claims a high of 66 lumens for the R02A, in the runtime & regulation graph in the link I posted you will see that the reviewer measured a high of 82 lumens.

http://www.sunwayman.com/html/products/201304/124.html

Last edited:

N_N_R

Enlightened
I'm a huge advocate of the Olight i3s :D It is very.. battery-efficient if I can say it this way.

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
Thrunite Ti2 72 mm
R02A 71 mm
DQG AAA IV 58 mm

That's a fair point. I recognize on paper that the specs say there's an insignificant difference of 1mm (0.039in) in length. But I saw an appreciable difference in length. But I also recognize that you're making a second point: the difference in length between the DQG and the Ti2.

Poppy

Flashaholic
That's a fair point. I recognize on paper that the specs say there's an insignificant difference of 1mm (0.039in) in length. But I saw an appreciable difference in length. But I also recognize that you're making a second point: the difference in length between the DQG and the Ti2.
:)
Yes... going from a Nano to the Ti2 is too big a jump in size, but from the 33-37mm Nano (depending upon whether you include the 4mm length of the projection the hole for the key ring ) to the 58mm DQG was easy, especially with the significant improvement of tint and useability, AND rechargeable AAA batteries.

The Nano... 10 lumens 8 hours. Well it is not regulated, so you know that you'll only get the 10 lumens for the first 20-30 minutes of an UGLY BLUE light.

Last edited:

Tooly

Newly Enlightened
Just remember that AAA lights aren't AA lights and so they're limited. Don't expect them to do what 'bigger' lights can do and you'll keep your expectations in check, but some of the above do perform admirably and do so in a very small package.

Chris

Hey I hear ya...just looking for alittle something just incase, I got a good light in my center console also another light in my lil bob also in the center console. This light like I said would take the nano light place and I only used that coming in from the garage through the house into my room not waking the wife.

Tooly

Newly Enlightened
Can anybody post a picture of the ti2 and the i3eos side by side.

Tooly

Newly Enlightened
I ordered the olight i3eos. If nothing else...ill have another small light. Thanks to all of you guys that helped.