Nano light is good..but it needs to go, need another small keychain light.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Nice...just hope its ok on my keys, i hate bulky stuff in my pockets.

While the i3S looks like a nice light, it isn't appreciably smaller that your Ti. Coming from a Nano, and stating that the Ti is too big, I wonder... WHY did you decide on the i3S and not the considerably smaller DQG AAA IV ?

Tooly

Newly Enlightened
While the i3S looks like a nice light, it isn't appreciably smaller that your Ti. Coming from a Nano, and stating that the Ti is too big, I wonder... WHY did you decide on the i3S and not the considerably smaller DQG AAA IV ?

Not sure...maybe I will have to get used to carry it. Gonna look into the dqg.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure...maybe I will have to get used to carry it. Gonna look into the dqg.

$12 cheaper, plus shipping costs, 3 modes with moonlight plus strobe, cool designer colors, pocket clip, multiple vendors, li-ion support, if that floats your boat, less weight, better heat mitigation, more output on high?

12mm is less than 1/2".

Chris

Last edited:

Glofindel

Newly Enlightened
if you don't mind pay a bit more then go for DQG aaa. Its perfect for keychain aaa flashlight.
However while the product is great but the service is not so.

Tooly

Newly Enlightened
$12 cheaper, plus shipping costs, 3 modes with moonlight plus strobe, cool designer colors, pocket clip, multiple vendors, li-ion support, if that floats your boat, less weight, better heat mitigation, more output on high?

12mm is less than 1/2".

Chris
I didnt really want to pay more for the dqg. Went with the light I thought would be better. I paid 24 shipped for the olight, its the newer model.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
They aren't lined up perfectly and, yes, I have a problem with AAA lights.
The DQG is all the way to left and it is a little bit bigger than the PO. The one to the right of the OLight i3S is a Dereelight DA3 - very floody beam. The one marked NKON is a Tank007 EO3. At the top is a Peak Eiger from Oveready and the bottom is a Tain Ottavino AAA. The Tain is beautiful, wonderful and always in my pocket.
Some didn't make it to the family picture. The Spark SK7 is a nice, single mode AAA. The knurling is unique and it has a SS bezel ring.
image.jpg

Poppy

Flashaholic
I didnt really want to pay more for the dqg. Went with the light I thought would be better. I paid 24 shipped for the olight, its the newer model.
Fair enough :)

$35 with shipping is a LOT to pay for such a little light. Especially when you can get a 3D mag for less than that! Honestly, if I hadn't gotten a $10 discount coupon at Christmas, I may not have gotten it. Now that I have, though, I can appreciate the value of spending the extra cash to get a smaller light that is with me, in my pocket, 16x7.

regardless... Chris makes good selling points for the I3S. Certainly, many like it.

@yoyoman, That tain really has an elegant look about it. Nice collection. :thumbsup:

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hate that word - collection. I had to gather these for the family picture. They are all over the place. In the cars, in the shed, by the front door, by the back door, in the coat pocket, in the backpack, etc. OK, a few are on my night table.

Both the DQG and OLight i3S are nice lights and they have their pros and cons. SS wears better with keychain duty. The DQG uses TIR and the beam is OK. I have the neutral emitter and the tint is warm. 2 modes, L>H are fine for me. It doesn't support li-ion cells and that is also fine for me. I had to clean the threads, replace the o-ring and lube it when I got it, but that is no big deal and I do that with most lights I buy.

The i3S has square threads that feel secure. The XP-G2 may be CW, but it is a nice white and not angry blue. It is very bright with a li-ion, but does get hot on H. The little triangle attachment point should be removed and changed to a split ring - do it before it fails. I didn't like the M>H>L sequence at first, but it is an efficient light and M is very useable. The anodize is good, but it does have some scratches and chips - this is no shelf queen.

I like the Maratac copper AAA and Lumintop Worm. Both were modded with XP-G2 warm emitters. The whole light gets warm when running on H with li-ion. Now that is flashiholic bliss...

ven

Flashaholic
i3s is a great light imo:twothumbs,down side as mentioned is the key attachment so 1st thing to do as advised........replace it or you may loose your light!!

It gets marked and dinged a little too easy for my liking,other than that,bang for buck its hard to beat,i paid less than $20 delivered so a bargain.
After some use

The misses has a gold Eos(sorted the attachment straight away before it went on her keys)

I have now moved my i3s to my work keys and gone even smaller

Side by side to show DQG with i3s and nitecore t0

The cell is 10180 and just over a 1/3 of an AAA

Poppy

Flashaholic
I hate that word - collection. I had to gather these for the family picture. They are all over the place. In the cars, in the shed, by the front door, by the back door, in the coat pocket, in the backpack, etc. OK, a few are on my night table.
Smiling... sorry, I didn't mean to offend. :thinking: But back-peddling a bit, perhaps I meant to say... "Nice job collecting your AAA lights from all over the house etc., for the family photo. :thumbsup:

ven

Flashaholic
Smiling... sorry, I didn't mean to offend. :thinking: But back-peddling a bit, perhaps I meant to say... "Nice job collecting your AAA lights from all over the house etc., for the family photo. :thumbsup:

I always say collection so i made sure i put "set" :laughing: dont want to upset yoyoman as he may not post any more of his beautiful "set" of AAA lights:mecry:

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
No offense taken. I also don't like to be called an addict, but I admit that I have a problem with AAA lights. Trying to get it under control. I don't have the Sunwayman R02A or a Fenix. Or a McGizmo Sapphire. See how good I'm doing?

AAA lights are now very good. Reasonable run time and surprisingly high output with the new emitters. The Tank007 E09 is the throwiest of the bunch and the Dereelight DA3 is very floody. The DA3 is a darkhorse - really nice beam, but the tint is a little green. Not good for white wall hunting, but very useful in real life.

Tooly

Newly Enlightened
i3s is a gsmallerlight imo:twothumbs,down side as mentioned is the key attachment so 1st thing to do as advised........replace it or you may loose your light!!

It gets marked and dinged a little too easy for my liking,other than that,bang for buck its hard to beat,i paid less than $20 delivered so a bargain.
After some use

The misses has a gold Eos(sorted the attachment straight away before it went on her keys)

I have now moved my i3s to my work keys and gone even smaller

Side by side to show DQG with i3s and nitecore t0

The cell is 10180 and just over a 1/3 of an AAA

How come your DQG looks alot smaller then the one i was looking at?
I love the way that lil light looks.

ven

Flashaholic
I think he left it in the pocket of his jeans, when HE washed and dried them. LOL :)

:laughing:

@ tooly-It is the DQG spy so eats 10180 cells which are very very small as in 10mm wide and 18mm long(which you will know).
Not tested run time on high,its reported to be 15mins and would imagine it would get quite warm,on low though its not a bad run time and thats why i have the spare carry case(recommended by poppy) so if it does go i have a convenient back up and even more convenient regarding charging as also a spacer(works fine as tested it)

I have had it a few days now,i like it more each day,its great......simple as that,UI is very user friendly,my little lad loves it too and fascinated by its size.......he wants one:rolleyes: but its too small and not safe regarding cell and size,but it would get lost!!! as he can loose much larger lights for days on end:rolleyes:

Tooly

Newly Enlightened
Ok I got the olight...one question. The hot spot on mine looks almost like a square...not fully round, is this normal for this light?