Need 800 lumens for 8hr

letschat7

Suspended
If you aren't in Czechoslovakia you can't make payment. Otherwise I'd have a headlamp 8k lm. After using my Silva Spectra last night I'm really curious how the Lucifer performs. It may even be better since Spectra can't maintain 10k to save it's life. Maybe on a windy day in Antarctica, then just maybe.

tonkem

Enlightened
If you aren't in Czechoslovakia you can't make payment. Otherwise I'd have a headlamp 8k lm. After using my Silva Spectra last night I'm really curious how the Lucifer performs. It may even be better since Spectra can't maintain 10k to save it's life. Maybe on a windy day in Antarctica, then just maybe.
Lupine has the Alpha, at 8100 lumens, but it is not specifically a headlamp, but a helmet light. And $1300 for just the lamp head.

letschat7

Suspended
Hmm I may have to give that one a look. Maybe around 8000 lumens is the sweet spot for head lamps like 500 is for hand held lights?

letschat7

Suspended
It seems that may work with the bike mounts. I'm really interested in this. Of course I can see it now: $50 bike $1200 bike light

Asusvivobook

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestions. The Pilot looks great but out my budget. That Lucifer was my next choice but not available.

I ended up getting the Fenix hp25r. It's damn near perfect - both flood and spot at my choosing. Solid clicky buttons. A tad heavy but that was expected. The only fault I see is the horrible cold blue tint 🥶

Maybe, with the accumulative knowledge on this site, I can swap the led for something warmer and make this the perfect headlamp.

Lights and Guns

Enlightened
Thanks for the suggestions. That hp30r is huge! It might be built for a hard hat. I need smaller, and mobile.

I'm willing to build a battery pack to give any headlamp more runtime, but I need to know what light to work on.

Is That Fenix hp25r my best external-battery-headlamp option?
It isn't just a question of changing the power source. The light itself will overheat and step-down.

I think having a goal for something more along the lines of 350-400 lumens for 8 hours would probably be more realistic. - with a 21700 or bigger if not wanting to change out batteries.