Need a 3v LED bulb for SF P60 head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh-L

Newly Enlightened
I'm converting a Surefire 617 dedicated foreend weaponlight for a Benelli from a two battery 6v system to a single battery 3v system. I'm having an adaptor made and I'm just going to remove the extension, install the adaptor so it only takes one CR123 battery and re-use the P60 head. I want to install an LED buld in it though. Problem is I'm not sure what bulb to order. I was going to get the Q5 Cree from TNVC but noticed it said it's operation range was 4.2v - 15v. So I assumed since mine is only going to be a 3v system it wouldn't work. Can someone help me out with this? I'm a flashlight newb and want just a simple drop in unit like the one from TNVC.

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two things: one, we have a wonderful P60 thread in the LED flashlights section of the forum (which is where this post should have gone, I'll go ahead and aska mod to move it for you.).

Two: there are an extreme variety of P60 drop-ins available. As ou stated, you need a 3v model (actually look for a 0.8-4.2v drop in, these will be alittle easier to find than a straight 3v one). What are your intended uses? What ranges will this light be used at (basically, will you mind a floodier light with a wider spill beam, or do you want a narrow beam thrower)? When you say Bennelli, I assume you mean a shotgun, correct? So you need one with potted electronics to handle the recoil.

Overall, I would suggest looking at Malkoffdevices.com at the M30 drop-ins. Choose a neutral white output model, if you want a more natural looking light, at the expense of some overall output.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Good advice above from John_Galt. There are many many threads about LED dropins in the /LED Flashlights/ subforum. Furthermore, you already have a thread running on this topic here, so I'll close this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.