Need a XM-L(or similar) 18650 light or drop in for Solarforce l2.

clint eastwood

Newly Enlightened
Basically the thread title. I would use the light for backpacking, fishing, other. Must be able to use an 18650 battery. I already have a Solarforce L2 XR-E(?), works fine, glass is a bit scratched up. Just want something new, and also would prefer to have a light without the strobe and SOS features. High/medium/low or High/low preferred. I hear XM-L is one of the best emitters right now, if there's a better choice in my price range I'm not aware of it.

$50 at most.

Thank you.

bob4apple

Enlightened
I recently bought a Romisen RC-T601 II XM-L T6 2 Mode flashlight from Shiningbeam ($28.75 before discount code: CPFUSER ).
It uses one 18650 battery, is built like a tank, bright as a car headlight, throws almost as far as one and has plenty of spill.
In my opinion, it's only flaw is the modes- 1) B R I G H T 2) Just slightly less B R I G H T

clint eastwood

Newly Enlightened
Looks okay. But I kind of prefer a low setting for close up auto work or such, plus battery life obviously.

I was thinking of trying to get a new driver and maybe the LED with star and trying a DIY type thing. But I'm not experienced with this type of DIY work. Probably not too complicated.

^Gurthang

Flashlight Enthusiast
SolarForce makes a 3 mode XML drop-in for single 18650. Also consider the Manafont [Ultrafire] XML drop-in 3 modes, H-M-L [$16 on MF]. Or check out Nailbenders drop-in sales on the Homebuilt - Modified forum. He stocks XMLs in different tints & output levels and his work is absolutely top rate.

Gregozedobe

Enlightened
Maybe a P-Rocket XM-L from Shiningbeam ? It is L/M/H but has memory, so if you last used it on Hi it will switch back on Hi next time. 3 Versions are available (priced from $39.75 to $45.75), including a Neutral White emitter, which some people prefer for outdoor use as they find it shows up "nature" colours better. Don't forget your discount code from over at CPF Marketplace.