Need dead cell recommendations

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am needing to make some dead cells for a 5D Maglite Modification.

Anyone have any expircience in trying different materials or concepts to make one? I have tried the method of just taping the ends of a battery then using AL foil around it. It works but doesnt seem the best route.

Since I am replacing batteries in this, I see that as a really good way of making the light much lighter. Better for self defense perhaps.

Has anyone tried using PVC and somehow running some copper wire through it in order to make the connection? Or just getting some steel pipe that fits? Wrapping it in tape to reduce any chance of shorting the LED...

I know you can buy these from some places around here on the net, but I am not aware of those being hollow and light. That is what I am trying to get out of this.

Thanks for any recommendations!

Cameron

paulr

Flashaholic
Eh? Why don't you use a 4D body instead of a 5D with a dead cell?

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
sure they have, anything that will conduct through, without conducting to the body, or where you dont want.
also avoiding Jamming anything into the base of the other batteries.
Pvc with washers and wire, watch your wire resistance, a little wire can add resistance.
pipes cut to length and wrapped, cleaned ends.
Rod.

BUT NOT dead batteries wrapped, very bad idea.

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
I already have a 5D with a dead 5W Lux in there. I dont want to wast the work that was put into it. Nor waste money on getting another Maglite.

I will begin looking for some decent materials for this. Thanks,
Cameron

Skibane

Enlightened
If you wanted to get fancy, you could drill a hole through the middle of a piece of wooden dowel, and then run a carriage bolt through it...