Need headlight recommendations

DirtyDaveMO

Newly Enlightened
I mow my 4 acre yard at night when it is cooler outside and I have time. It takes me less than 3 hours. I have some LED lights on my Scag mower but I also wear a headlamp with earbuds to listen to my audiobooks and then cover my ears with ear muffs. I also wear a hat to keep the dirt and bugs out of the little hair that I have left. I have about 3 different headlamps that I use depending on which one I can find. They have a bigger head/light with 2- 18650 batteries on the rear of the band.
I am looking to upgrade my headlamp. I like to have a flood for about 50 yards when mowing most of the time but I also like to have the ability to use a spot for 300 yards if I see a deer or other animal while mowing. I have to remove the batteries and put them in my charger after each mow. I have a headlamp that has a good spot but poor flood and one that had good flood but no spot.

If I could find a headlamp that is rechargeable and will have 3 hours run time and have the spot and flood functions I would spend about $150 if I need to. I would also be willing to build one if I need to. I let you know about my setup incase there are other ideas someone has. Maybe have two headlamps with one connected to my hat or something like that. I am open to suggestions. I think the built-in charging is my number one requirement. This is like what I have now.
Thanks again, Dave
61GTHd2drML._AC_SL1001_.jpg

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ask for a headlamp that has flood and throw.
You may be fine with Fenix HM65R or HM65R-T (HM65R-T is newer)
Special versions of these headlamps are also on sale in Northern Europe.

chip100t

Enlightened
The new Fenix Hm70r has both flood and throw but you switch between the two using only one at a time.

ikanode

Newly Enlightened
I mow my 4 acre yard at night when it is cooler outside and I have time. It takes me less than 3 hours. I have some LED lights on my Scag mower but I also wear a headlamp

Consider an inexpensive solution with a 180° pattern.
GearLight 180° Broad Beam LED Headlamp F300 [2 Pack] - Wide Angle HeadLight
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XZN8VQR/?tag=cpf0b6-20

It's currently out of stock but something similar might work for you. I like the wide pattern when walking in the dark.

n2mb_racing

Newly Enlightened
Ask for a headlamp that has flood and throw.
You may be fine with Fenix HM65R or HM65R-T (HM65R-T is newer)
Special versions of these headlamps are also on sale in Northern Europe.
HM65R-T is great. Bright and lasts long. Although, the output drops over time gradually. But, you can cycle through the brightness options back to high to get full power again.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
HM65R-T is great. Bright and lasts long. Although, the output drops over time gradually. But, you can cycle through the brightness options back to high to get full power again.
Or even turn it off and on again.

DirtyDaveMO

Newly Enlightened
I ordered the Fenix HM70R. I also ordered an updated version of one of my cheap ones. I will wait to mow until I get one of them. I will report back with comments on the headlamp.
Thanks for the help.