[Need Help] Modding JETBEAM JET-I PRO V3 with MC-E drop-in

tmarsh388

Newly Enlightened
I'm pretty new to this whole flashlight stuff and dont really know how to go about modding one. I am going to try to mod my JETBeam JET-I PRO V3.0 that currently has a LED: CREE 7090 XR-E (R2 bin) [cool tint] with a supposed max output of 240 and a smooth reflector. I would like to put a drop-in or something similar to the LED: CREE MC-E found in the JETBeam M1X. That have a listed max output of 450 Lumen (Torch Lumen) / 700 Lumen (LED Lumen) So Cool Tint NOT Warm Tint. I know that it wont be quite that bright running off of a AA or 14500, but Im hoping it will be a great improvement over the R2 I have now. Im very new to this whole modding thing. Could you by any chance help me or offer me a tutorial or something? I am trying to mod my. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks again,
Tmarsh388
PS Yes I am aware someone already did something very similar. I just dont know how to do it.
~~~~~~~~~~SIMILAR MOD~~~~~~~~~~~
(https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/231109&highlight=Jetbeam+1+Pro+cree)

Last edited:

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

I actually just sold that light, after modding it again to a High-CRI SSC.

The thing you aren't realizing is that the MC-E is only about as bright as the XR-E is when used in this light. The bigger gain is that the MC-E is under-driven, and that increases your efficiency.

To get the full potential out of the MC-E, you'd need 2 things: Proper heatsinking, which your light doesn't even come close to, and a higher drive current, which you would need to replace the driver to get.