Need Help Taking Off Emitter From Star

556man

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

How do I take off an emitter from a star?

sku02394.jpg

Thanks in advance for your help.

556man

bbawkon

Newly Enlightened
put the star on a frying pan and heat the pan on the stove until the star gets hot enough that you can pick the emitter right up with a pair of tweezers. once you have the emitter off, take the star board and set it on a room-temp cookie sheet or another pan it let it cool.

A nice FLAT pan helps, as it makes much better contact with the bottom of the star board and transfers the heat much quicker.

Last edited:

556man

Newly Enlightened
put the star on a frying pan and heat the pan on the stove until the star gets hot enough that you can pick the emitter right up with a pair of tweezers. once you have the emitter off, take the star board and set it on a room-temp cookie sheet or another pan it let it cool.

A nice FLAT pan helps, as it makes much better contact with the bottom of the star board and transfers the heat much quicker.

Thank you for the quick reply. Will do that right now.

556man

bbawkon

Newly Enlightened
My pleasure. Just be careful - all of these things you're going to be touching are going to get really hot. make sure you have somewhere safe to set the emitter once you pull it off. If you set it on your wife's kitchen counter, I promise she will not be pleased with the mark :)

Ben

556man

Newly Enlightened
My pleasure. Just be careful - all of these things you're going to be touching are going to get really hot. make sure you have somewhere safe to set the emitter once you pull it off. If you set it on your wife's kitchen counter, I promise she will not be pleased with the mark :)

Ben

Got it off within a minute. Wohoo! Thanks again Ben for the tip.

556man

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad that worked out for ya. They aren't always soldered, something they are epoxied in place instead.

Scattergun

Enlightened
Just holding it by the emitter with a pair of pliers and heating it with a lighter against the underside until the PCB drops free also works.