Need Info on SF G2Z LOTC Tail Switch Assembly

Illuminated

Enlightened
Does anyone know if the complete LOTC tail switch assembly can be ordered separately from SF? Part Number? Cost?

I tried to find it on their webite but didn't see it.

Thanks - John

Size15's

Flashaholic
Hi John

No, it can not be ordered as an individual TailCap as far as I'm aware. The G2Z's LOTC doesn't fit on any G2's I have anyway.

If your G2Z's LOTC is broken I'm sure that SureFire will replace it for you.

The good news is that SureFire are phasing in a LOTC on their G2 this year.

It would be awesome for them to make this LOTC (for the G2) a "Z component" so that people can upgrade the G2's they already have.

Al

Illuminated

Enlightened
Hi AL -

I recently looked at a G2Z at a local gun shop, and it *looked* like it might fit the G2. Is it just too long to screw down far enough to make proper contact before hitting the G2 body?

I have a nice G2 with LED head conversion that would work well with a 2-stage tail switch, but the G2's taicap is just too short to incorporate a MC2ES and a jam nut for LOTC feature.

Oh well, I guess it doesn't matter if I can't buy one.

Thanks for the reply - and have a good weekend!

John

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Far be it from me to disagree with Al on SF stuff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif, but I bought 3 G2Z LOTC's for G2s, one for mine, and two for others' G2s (that were Xmas presents from me. One for my best friend and one for my dad). I just called SF direct and said "I want to order the tailcap from a G2Z." Not sure about part#. They work fine. The look is not as "clean" as the stock G2 cap (there's a bit more space between the cap and the body, like where a lanyard ring would go), but the lock-out adds to the utility of such a great light. Some combinations of individual G2 bodies and G2Z caps are a tad looser than I like, but that's easily fixed with an additional O-ring, a-la the millenium series. YMMV.

Size15's

Flashaholic
That's good information.
Based on the three G2Z's and multiple G2's I have they do not work.

It is not an ideal (100% interchangeability) situation though (which is a same)

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
sween1911 said:
They work fine. The look is not as "clean" as the stock G2 cap (there's a bit more space between the cap and the body, like where a lanyard ring would go)

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. The LOTC from my G2Z works properly on both of my G2's.

3Gs.jpg

Latest posts