Lantern32

Enlightened
Setup:
Mod: 200w Smok R200
Tank: TFV4 Mini
Coil: 6-coil
OHM: Roughly .44

The Problem:
I was a once a month smoker. Just one cigarette a month. Recently started Vaping 0 nic, but I wanted to get a nice little head rush. I got 12mg e-liquid (Max VG), but it burns my throat to the point it is unbearable. I tried diluting it with pure Vegetable Glycerine, but that doesn't stop the burning sensation.

Question:
How much nicotine should I get in my e-liquid? Is there anything to save this current e-liquid even though I've already tried diluting it?

recDNA

Flashaholic
Did you try without the nicotine to make sure it is the source of the burning? You do know how poisonous nicotine is right? It doesn't have to go to waste if you have any bugs or rats to kill.

Last edited:

Lantern32

Enlightened
Did you try without the nicotine to make sure it is the source of the burning? You do know how poisonous nicotine is right? It doesn't have to go to waste if you have any bugs or rats to kill.

I have tried my setup with numerous e-liquids. I've tried VG/PG blends all over the map. Also tried 3mg nic on my buddy's setup about a week ago and was fine. I believe I just went too high on the nicotine for the OHMs I'm running?

ven

Flashaholic
Correct, too high on the nic levels. Of days gone by the older coils where 1.8 ohm and some even 3.2 ohm etc. Using 18, 24mg was fine ................however with the sub ohm tanks/coils now you really drop the nic level right down. For example i used to vape 18mg on the older style coils, now i use 3mg tops! . Also the ingredients make an important difference.

Older fluids were often 80% PG which is throat hit/flavour, the VG is for the cloud and smoother vape.

Ideally these need to swap about, higher VG and lower PG as this will give too much throat hit(probably pop and spit too) which is not pleasant !

Min of 50% VG, ideally 70% or even 80% (80% is all VG inc the nicotine mix, the 20% is usually the flavouring as it is PG based).

You will have a far nicer vape, also you will see the consistency difference(more thicker/gunky) .

If your not making your own i would certainly look into it, it will save a lot of money in the long run. If cba, have a look at some good brands and check the higher VG rated ones out. Some amazing flavours out there for "cloud chasing" , you will have an amazing vape!!

Ohm's wise, well i find bellow 0.25ohm a bit much for daily vaping, right now i am using a crown tank with a 0.4ohm single coil in the RBA . This at 19w is my daily vape............

Lantern32

Enlightened
Correct, too high on the nic levels. Of days gone by the older coils where 1.8 ohm and some even 3.2 ohm etc. Using 18, 24mg was fine ................however with the sub ohm tanks/coils now you really drop the nic level right down. For example i used to vape 18mg on the older style coils, now i use 3mg tops! . Also the ingredients make an important difference.

Older fluids were often 80% PG which is throat hit/flavour, the VG is for the cloud and smoother vape.

Ideally these need to swap about, higher VG and lower PG as this will give too much throat hit(probably pop and spit too) which is not pleasant !

Min of 50% VG, ideally 70% or even 80% (80% is all VG inc the nicotine mix, the 20% is usually the flavouring as it is PG based).

You will have a far nicer vape, also you will see the consistency difference(more thicker/gunky) .

If your not making your own i would certainly look into it, it will save a lot of money in the long run. If cba, have a look at some good brands and check the higher VG rated ones out. Some amazing flavours out there for "cloud chasing" , you will have an amazing vape!!

Ohm's wise, well i find bellow 0.25ohm a bit much for daily vaping, right now i am using a crown tank with a 0.4ohm single coil in the RBA . This at 19w is my daily vape............

Thank you! Do you think there would be any way to dilute the liquid? I have no idea if I will be able to get a 12mg nic bottle down to at least 3mg without having a lot of extra bottles!

I believe 3 is the lowest on most websites, so that is probably what I will purchase next.

ven

Flashaholic
You would need to know the bottle size and work from there. There are online juice calculators to help with the ml amount.

By using VG, you would also need to add flavour as well(so knowing what flavour it is)

You could maybe buy some bottles of lower nic level and mix up that way.

Latest posts