Need some help with Olight S15

mick53

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

Just got an Olight S15. Pretty nice.

But I want to run it on something stronger than than the Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA I have in it now.

Was thinking of some Sanyo rechargeable 14500s but I could only find them in flat tops. I read here that they don't fit in the S15.

I'm hoping someone here can suggest the best, or a very good rechargeable 14500 that will work in the S15.

I'd love to say the price doesn't matter. But it does. So let's say $10 max for one.

And thank you.

Last edited:

Tapis

Enlightened
There are lots of excellent button top protected cells ("made in Japan") from reliable brands (Olight, Nitecore, Keeppower...) at the usual retailers I purchase from (Battery Junction, Illumn, Going Gear, SBflashlights...).

Hope this will help.

Last edited:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
AW cells are usually quite reliable, I have many of them of different sizes and until now not a single one failed on me.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can also use 3V lithium primaries (CRAA/14505) which are the same as CR123s - they work fine in my S15 Ti. The issue with the S15 is the foam donut reverse polarity protection - if the hole is too small or off center, it may prevent the positive terminal contact. with wide button or flat top cells. Looks easy enough to simply pull the donut out, cut the hole a little bigger, and reglue.