needing suggestions for modifying computer mouse

O

ozner1991

Enlightened
i tend to do a lot of stuff behind the computer and i had modified my mouse for comfort in both gaming and general browsing by using a rubber cleaning glove and hotglue to make a prosthetic add on of hotglue onto my mouse that would make it fit perfectly. this worked great for about 4 months. it now fell off and wont let itself be heated and stuck back on :oops:. i tried other glues with no success.

does anyone have any advice on a pliable/mold-able material thats easy to find that i could use for a long term modification onto my computer mouse?

i thought of epoxy but you cant shape that
clay is to fragile (i think)
silicone kit is to big of a mess
hotglue isnt durable
cant imagine using plaster on this

i ran out of ideas and was hoping anyone might have a suggestion to help me

S

Slartibartfast

Newly Enlightened
google "Shapelock plastic" and go to their webpage. They even have a 35gram freebie sample that should be more than enough for molding a mouse.

(This reminds me of the watchmakers from the book "The Mote in God's eye")

Biker Bear

Biker Bear

Enlightened
The Greater Los Angeles Metropolitan Sprawl
JB Weld - a putty type epoxy - might work. Whatever you use, you should rough up the points you're building up with sandpaper or the like to give whatever material you use more to "grip".

gadget_lover

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
google "Shapelock plastic" and go to their webpage. They even have a 35gram freebie sample that should be more than enough for molding a mouse.

(This reminds me of the watchmakers from the book "The Mote in God's eye")

+1 on the shapelock. It's surprisingly easy to work with, though you should take care not to overheat it. I made a custom back support for my iPhone charger stand by just forming it around the base while the phone was in place. That made it a perfect fit to my specific phone and case.

Slight roughing of the mouse shell (take off the shine) is all that is needed. A pencil eraser will do the trick.

Dan

O

ozner1991

Enlightened
i went to a hobby shop and got some kiddy clay, i molded it to my hand and its been drying since. lets hope it works

i still want to thank everyone for the suggestions =)

i never heard of shapelock but if the clay fails i will try getting some for the mouse