New A19 Cree XR-E 1x123 from the Shoppe

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, just snagged one of the Ti ones from the Shoppe, only one left!
buttrock.gif

just joking :twak:

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
Should receive mine today or Monday (based on when I ordered). If I'm the first to receive it, I'll post a review; if not, I'll just pipe in to confirm or augment what the lucky first recipient says. =)

- FITP

ICUDoc

Enlightened
leukos

Yeah evil, but what a great idea- the Cree's efficiency would make Ti much nicer to the LED, cause the heat would be less of an issue.
Altogether now, let's dream of the Ti McCree......

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I just heard a knock at the door and low and behold it was the postman with a small package for me. Thankyou Mr. Postman. I am the proud recipient of a brand new A19 Cree XR-E! Woah! This little beauty is a joy to behold. Very bright. I am well satisfied. Thankyou Mr. Sandwiche, er Wayne for the quality build, nice and bright light, and the fast shipping. I must go now as my hands seem to have been struck with some type of palsy and they are shaking so badly that I simply can't bear to type. Further, the grin that is plastered, nay cemented on my face, is beginning to paralyze my facial muscles. I believe I must run to the mountains to be one with the universe. Cheers all and I await the reviews that are being typed even at this minute.

marxs

Enlightened
congratulations! im getting excited with the XR-E development, hopefully competition will also bring out new stuff to the table. any pictures of the A19 to wet our appetite?

Monolith

Enlightened
PoliceScannerMan said:
Can this light be run on 2 x 123? I assume it can run on 1 x 18650.
The other thread has a discussion on this by Wayne. He recommends the 1.5 body and a 17500 and does not recommend 6volts.

Edwood

Enlightened
Uh, I can't be reading that graph right. About 2 minutes of runtime? I'm guessing that's the absolute maximum output possible on a single 123?

*Edit, I'm reading it wrong. It's nearly 2 HOURS till dead battery. Wow.

-Ed

Last edited:

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
It seems like it's all going on in the LED forums, not so much a review, but as comparisons to other lights - and I suppose that makes sense, since we know all about the Aleph system - the only thing that's new on this is the driver, the LED, and the modified reflector. Although it'd be nice to see a dedicated review, so far, I think we've gotten some awesome information as to how this thing stacks up to the competition... or outshines it, as it is!

john