• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New A19 Cree XR-E 1x123 from the Shoppe

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
There sure is a big color difference between the head/body and the tailcap. But, I think I can live with it! :naughty:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Codeman said:
There sure is a big color difference between the head/body and the tailcap. But, I think I can live with it! :naughty:
The clicky Tailcap that came with my L4 matches perfectly with the HA on the light. Plus the TC makes the light a lil smaller too.

Lightedge

Newly Enlightened
I put a Vital Gear FB1 body on mine as well and now it's materially smaller. I like it a lot! It looks like it's almost as bright as my HD45/XX1T to my eyes.

mateen

Enlightened
I'm using a flattop Aleph tailcap to decrease the size; also, I've got the 5-ohm board to give me two stages...

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Lightedge said:
I put a Vital Gear FB1 body on mine as well and now it's materially smaller. I like it a lot! It looks like it's almost as bright as my HD45/XX1T to my eyes.

Ashootout002.jpg

Ashootout007.jpg

See Sigline for more.... :grin2:

Lonely Raven

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to the Aleph line. Can someone give me dimentions for length of the various Alephs with 1X123, 1.5X123, and 2X123.

I'm still waiting on the 2X123 to be posted at the Shoppe, but maybe the 1X123 is big enough for me...and if not, maybe the extra 1.5 tube and the appropriate battery would work better.

I'm just trying to get a feel if one of these lights would work for me, if I can't afford the new Ti-McCree...what's it called...XR19-C

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
End-to-end, my A19 1x123 with the Ti Bezel Ring on it is 3.9" long...
without the bezel ring is ~3.75" long.
This is measuring with a regular old ruler - none of these digital calipers that some of these geeks have :nana:... ok just kidding I really want a digital caliper.
john

jch79

They need to get some of the 2x123 A19 Cree's in!!! I've got a cart full of stuff there, waiting for the 2x123 to add, and then I'm pulling the trigger on a big order of stuff I don't really need, but really really want!!

Lonely Raven

Newly Enlightened
Haha, I have a cart full of parts as well.

Thanks for the measurement JCH. That's close to what I want.

Anyone know what the 1.5 or 2X size of the 19 is?

jch79

Bernie, keep websites like that to yourself! I see a remote control helicoptor, and I want it!! My internet useage and bank account funds are directly related to eachother.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Sort of ... :crackup: ... it is a british site that sells fun, geek and strange stuff ranging from silly fun toys to flights in a Mig25 in Russia or driving a tank and crush cars.
A great site for people like us. I git my Room Defender Gun from there. Completely useless, but it is what I would have wanted when I was a kid. Now I can have it. :D :D

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, great. More stuff to buy! I may have to get a room defender as well. My parrot would have a hayday chasing after 'em!

Lonely Raven said:
Haha, I have a cart full of parts as well.

Thanks for the measurement JCH. That's close to what I want.

Anyone know what the 1.5 or 2X size of the 19 is?

If the A19 XR-E head is the same lengthas the A19 UV (1½" long), the 1.5 version would be about 4-5/8" long, and the 2x would be about 5¼" long.

The A19 XR-E head may be slightly shorter than the A19 UV, though. When I put a 1x123 body on it, my A19 UV head plus McClicky tailcap measures 3-7/8" long, 1/8" longer than jch79 measured. If that's true, then the 1.5 would be 4½" and the 2x would be 5-1/8".

Last edited:

Lonely Raven

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Codeman, that's EXACTLY the information I needed. Even if your off by .25 that's close enough to give me an idea of what I'm aiming for! :)

Lightedge

Newly Enlightened
I got one of the 1x123 A19 XR-E's. does anyone know if this can be run on 2x123 as well? What about 1x3.7V Li-ion?

Thank you.

Monolith

Enlightened
Lightedge said:
I got one of the 1x123 A19 XR-E's. does anyone know if this can be run on 2x123 as well? What about 1x3.7V Li-ion?

Thank you.
Data2zip is not recommending 6 volts (2 123's) but has endorsed running a single lithium (4.2volts).

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would a 3.7v Li-ion make it significantly brighter than a 3.0v Li-Ion or does it get regulated down?
Is there any risk of frying my new toy with a 3.7? :candle: