New Aqua Series

RedLED

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Anyone have one of these yet?

Who is going to add the new Aqua line to their collection.

I am. They are fantastic. Before I get one, I am thinning out some lights and knives. Just some I don't use, for the record... not thinning McGizmos - Never!

Looking forward to the Aqua series!

Best,

NR

London Lad

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Ram and the Mule and they are both excellent lights, no sorry they are better than excellent, amazing!

London Lad

London Lad

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wonderful! Do they carry well?

Yes very well but I'm a bit biased as I've always loved the 27LT form factor, it just fits the hand so well.

Clench your fist and then open it a little, look through it, what do you see? a triangle, that's where your Aqua Mule / Ram goes :)

Launch Mini

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys really are not helping me here.
I don't "need" another light. I've always preferred a pocket carry light, but this one, and all your comments are pushing me to Paypal.
Plus this is a different battery system than any of my other lights.

climberkid

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Then, launch, it seems it's time to jump into the realm of 18650

-Alex

RedLED

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Go for it Dude! I am, soon. I really need to win a Pulitzer Prize, and I can get all the McGizmos I need.

Or I just Need a big company client to cough up some more dough for the photos I do for their meetings!

Last edited:
D

DucS2R

Enlightened
You may want to go for the Nobel Prize, it pays better. Then you could buy a place on Maui next to Don's and be the first in line for any new products :)

My Aqua Mule should be here tomorrow, can't wait.

T

D

DucS2R

Enlightened
I mean Ram. It was a tough choice.

J

jellydonut

Enlightened
It's a shame they're multi-mode instead of staged.. Could have used the PD spring design to provide a two-stage UI instead.

PoliceScannerMan

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
It's a shame they're multi-mode instead of staged.. Could have used the PD spring design to provide a two-stage UI instead.

The new driver is awesome though, 1-5 levels, choice of 21 brightness levels, as well as setting the MAX current from 100mA all the way to 2200mA.

J

jellydonut

Enlightened
The new driver is awesome though, 1-5 levels, choice of 21 brightness levels, as well as setting the MAX current from 100mA all the way to 2200mA.

That's great news for people who like multi-mode lights, but no amount of settings or customizability will make me want the staged UI any less!

Unless the customization includes removing modes and adding stages.:nana:

C

calflash

Enlightened
I've never owned the pd 2-stage UI you are talking about and always assumed it was just a two mode. What is the difference from a two mode light?

Last edited:
PoliceScannerMan

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
A two mode twisty basically. Twist until the "Kilroy" activates low mode, keep twisting until the contact ring activates high mode.

C

calflash

Enlightened
Thanks for the explanation. Would a two mode that alway starts on low and progresses to high be similar? Or is there another benefit I'm not seeing?

J

jellydonut

Enlightened
Thanks for the explanation. Would a two mode that alway starts on low and progresses to high be similar? Or is there another benefit I'm not seeing?
No, it wouldn't.

If you twist to low, then off, and then on again, it will go to low, not high. If you twist to low, then further down to high, you can go between high and low by twisting out and in without turning the light off.

It's just a predictable UI where the behavior is the same every time you turn on the light, instead of having it switch between four different modes. (or two in your example)

C

calflash

Enlightened
I see. That is simple and predictable.

I think the closest the aqua series will get is to make one of the three presets a two mode with your choice of brightness settings. Then set the switching to volatile which means it has no memory. If you turn it on after an off period of more than .5 second, it comes on level 1 which you can make your high or low. Turn it off for more than .5 second and the next time it turns on in level 1 again. A short off/on toggle, less than .5 second, goes to level 2. Any further short toggles do nothing but leave it in level 2. A long toggle (off period >.5 second) will start it in low again. It's not as simple but it is predictable.