New battery holds FULL charge for 20 years

brightnorm

Flashaholic
That statement grabbed my attention also. I'm NOT going to say that this site
web page
is using "FRAUDULENT ADVERTISING" because I learned from personal experience on CPF that even if a manufacturer/dealer IS making FRAUDULENT STATEMENTS about a product, you might be putting yoursrelf in legal jeopardy by labelling it as FRAUDULENT. Therefore I will definitely NOT say that THIS SITE IS USING FRAUDULENT ADVERTISING, because who knows, I might be wrong.

I might be wrong, but it sure makes me mad, especially when I see the honesty with which folks like Peter Gransee claim a modest 5 hour runtime for that little gem, the ARC AAA.

Pi$$*d-off,
Brightnorm

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Size15s:
The trouble is, the closer to you that someone is reporting news, the more inaccurate it tends to be.

Al
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Al, I must be dense at 4:30 AM but I'm not quite sure that I get it. Do you mean the more knowledge you have of a subject, the easier it is to spot a phony?

Best regards,
Brightnorm

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ahh, but on the site they say "up to 20 years", rather than saying specifically that it lasts for 20 years exactly. So they can probably get away with it..

Not that that justifies anything..

Graham

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
$8.95 for a two pack? I don't mind the fraudulent 20 year shelf life but surely they should be held accountable for this outrageous price.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Vacuum-packed in a liquid nitrogen bath, they'll last longer. Now I gotta find that Ronco vacuum-cryo-bath I got for Christmas.

Lithium batteries are great for shelf life, flat discharge, and energy density. Honeywell tests suggested that they lose about 1% per year at room temp.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

It has come to our attention that libelous statements from a member of this forum had been allowed to be shown worldwide. Apparently, tolerated by other members of this board.

Please be carefull in what you post on this board or manufacturer's might tell their lawyers to send you a nice note. I will not. Just the same you are now forewarned!

I have been a cub scout for 10 years (yeah... that was how long I stayed in grade school and mind you I came out on top of the class) and my father was a retired 2-claws Eaglet Scout. We have been designing batteries for use of our special scouts and other tactical scouts that may have to use these batteries in camping situation for 20 years.

Those batteries have been tested and certified by our group of engineers and special scouts to perform as advertized.

Lithium battery was rated by other battery testers of good reputation (don't ask who they are...) to have a shelf life of 10 years. Now since most batteries are used mostly only half of the time the scientific conclusion is 10yrs half-used plus 10yrs not-used equal you can store it for 20 years with full power. Yeah ask our engineers......

- verge -

p.s.

I'm sorry brightnorm your post was tooooo tempting
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif