New CD player w/ intermittent clicking noise

Fenris

Enlightened
I put a new CD player in my Jeep and I'm having some problems. When using the CD player or the USB Mp3 player I get this intermittent clicking coming through the speakers, it's almost like static. Everything seems to be fine with the engine off, but when it's running the clicking/popping noise starts. I exchanged it for another one tonight but it didn't help.

Any idea's????

JEEP- 99 Cherokee.
CD PLAYER- Pioneer DEH 3200UB.

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had this problem in my truck when the cabin fan was running. Odds are you're picking up interference from an adjacent wire somewhere along the line. I'm not sure how you'd go about fixing it though...

Edit: You may have a shorted wire from hooking up the wiring harness. It wouldn't hurt to double check the connections.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spark plug wires going bad maybe? Get somewhere where it's completely dark and open the hood and start the engine. Look for flashes of high voltage arcing from the plug wires to ground somewhere. If you have a distributor cap, be sure and look there too. If the wires are leaking to ground, your player could be picking that up and that's what you are hearing. If you do see some flashes, you could try moving the wires some if you can, to see if it makes a difference. (I'd shut the engine off first just to be safe.)