• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

New clicky from mcgizmo

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Yes,
It should work fine in a Z52. I expect these to be available in May.

- Don

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about for this light?

The tailcap unscrews into two circular frames. One frame contains a Kroll that is screwed into it. It then screws into the barrel. The diameter is about 23.75mm. The other circular frame is an end cap that snugs the boot to the switch frame.

I don't know thread talk but it looks like 4.5 threads to 4mm pitch.

I don't think your new switch would match up at all but my poorly phrased question is: Would the Kroll replacement part of your switch work? I believe Doc K. mentioned the threads are different than a Kroll.

the20brute.jpg

Switch4.jpg

Switch6.jpg

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I will take more pics when I get samples of a new switch shell. I have the two pictures I took of first article below:

FirstArticle-1.jpg

FirstArticle-2.jpg

I believe the switch module can be used in some mods but I can't be more specific until I play with it and some ideas.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
OOOOOH! Pretty! I'm hoping one of those mods allow it to be installed in a Surefire M/C series tailcap....

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: New clicky from McGizmo

Looks promising for Kroll replacement. Looks great for McLux and SF switch replacement.

lightbulb

Newly Enlightened
I dont think its meant as a kroll replacement. He said this in a another thread

"The McClickie will not replace a Kroll as its threads, geometry and contact means to the battery tube are all very different."

McGizmo

Flashaholic
This is not a two stage clickie switch. Like the Kroll and SF Z57, it provides momentaty on or latched constant on. In its planned form of application in a tail cap, lock out is available by twisting the cap loose from the battery tube.

I am not clear on how a two stage clickie would function let alone how its mechanics would provide for such function. I imagine that twisting would have to be integral to access of the two stages and in and of itself would complicate the mode selection considerably.

I think there are a couple ways one could modify this switch with a resistor bridging its "gate" so that it provided momentary or latched activation of a resistored path or a direct path and become a level selection switch but in doing so loose its ability to open or close the circuit (on/ off). On/Off would then be selected by twisting. This would be akin to the Fenix 2 stage mod or the two stage mod some have done to the SF Z57.

Darell

Flashaholic
Lunal_Tic said:
Is this a "normal" clickie or a "reverse" one?

-LT
Good lord. We'd have to kill Don if he made a backwards one! But then, he'd probably take care of that for us if the thing ended up reverse.

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
Icebreak said:
What about for this light?

The tailcap unscrews into two circular frames. One frame contains a Kroll that is screwed into it. It then screws into the barrel. The diameter is about 23.75mm. The other circular frame is an end cap that snugs the boot to the switch frame.

I don't know thread talk but it looks like 4.5 threads to 4mm pitch.

I don't think your new switch would match up at all but my poorly phrased question is: Would the Kroll replacement part of your switch work? I believe Doc K. mentioned the threads are different than a Kroll.

the20brute.jpg

Switch4.jpg

Switch6.jpg

Hmmmm....looks familiar.:)

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
ChocolateLab33 said:
Hmmmm....looks familiar.:)
Yep. I've enjoyed this light you sold to me. I'm just about done with it except that the switch doesn't like 10 1/2 AA cells pushing a Welch Alynn WA01166 for 17 - 20 minutes.

mykall

Enlightened
McGizmo said:
This is not a two stage clickie switch.

This has me confus-ED. What is the purpose of this clickie since SF
already has one and unlike the McE2s, it doesn't seem to add any
value? To wit the McE2s transforms a single stage SF light into
something it wasn't.

I must be missing something here. ???

MB