Re: XP-G2 / P60 STYLE MODULES

Hi Dave

I wil take
XP-G2 R5 1D tint 6500K
2.8-6V
1 mode (High)
Smooth reflector.
Potted.

Please add resistors to raise the amperage to 1.7 amps.

$35+$5=$40

PP SENT

Thanks.

Dave,

Got my drop in today and was totally blown away !!

My job requires me lighting objects up at a very long distance, I have always been looking for a great tthrower with a nice round hotspot.
The best I have been able to come up with was a Quark Turbo XPG 2x123, this was like a pocket search light.

Then I ordered the above setup, I wanted to see how the XP-G2 compared to my Quark, which also used a smooth reflector. I popped it in my bored out Surefire 6P after wrapping it with some copper tape, which Dave was nice enough to supply !
I clicked it on and my jaw dropped !! Very similar hotspot when compared to my Quark, but the hotspot is at least 20% brighter with no dark center whatsoever.
This thing is amazing, can't wait to show it off to some of my LEO buddies!

Thanks again for an amazing build Dave, you knocked this one out of the park :twothumbs

Ray

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Supporter

Dave,

My job requires me lighting objects up at a very long distance, I have always been looking for a great tthrower with a nice round hotspot.
The best I have been able to come up with was a Quark Turbo XPG 2x123, this was like a pocket search light.

Then I ordered the above setup, I wanted to see how the XP-G2 compared to my Quark, which also used a smooth reflector. I popped it in my bored out Surefire 6P after wrapping it with some copper tape, which Dave was nice enough to supply !
I clicked it on and my jaw dropped !! Very similar hotspot when compared to my Quark, but the hotspot is at least 20% brighter with no dark center whatsoever.

Thanks again for an amazing build Dave, you knocked this one out of the park :twothumbs

Ray

Hi Ray

Thanks for the kind words, I also have been especially pleased with the beam of the XPG2. While the emitter does most of the work the new manufacturer for the XPG smooth reflectors does a MUCH better job than the one I had before. These were designed for the XPG and it tells. While I never minded a XPG in a smooth XRE reflector many just could not have it with the rings. This new reflector just makes a great tight hotspot without really any rings.

Have a good week.

Dave

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast

How low would you rate the moonlight mode?
Looking for one real low myself.
Thanks
Tim

I would say one lumen or less. That's comparing it to some others I have. You can look directly at the emitter, so it's low.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dave,

Ray

dude that is awesome!

stay safe man!

jonnyfgroove

Enlightened

the new manufacturer for the XPG smooth reflectors does a MUCH better job than the one I had before.
Dave

Will the pill from the drop in I bought on the first page of this thread work with the new reflector? I have not been very impressed with the smooth reflector it came with.

Thanks

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Supporter

Will the pill from the drop in I bought on the first page of this thread work with the new reflector? I have not been very impressed with the smooth reflector it came with.

Thanks

Hi

They are a different thread pattern so there is a good chance they will not be the same. It will fit a Lop probably but may or may not fit the one you have.

Yours was made for XPG just not the same manufacturer.

Dave

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Supporter

Hi

They are a different thread pattern so there is a good chance they will not be the same. It will fit a Lop probably but may or may not fit the one you have.

Yours was made for XPG just not the same manufacturer.

Dave

Hi

All modules have shipped.

Thanks

Dave

PCS

Newly Enlightened

XP-G2 R5 flux 3D tint 5000k
2.8-6 volts
5 levels *moonlight, low low, low, med, high* 1.5 amps only
LOP Reflector
Potted

Surefire C2 Host

TOTAL: $35.00

Paypal sent.

Dave, I may have hit the send money button before I entered my order and CPF username in the notes field. I hope this doesn't cause problems. Sorry.

- Paul

Last edited:

JJay03

Newly Enlightened

Hi is it possible to have a single level but running at say 50% instead of 100% for longer battery life? Just trying to decide on a new drop in for my 9p I might just do the 3 level again though.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Supporter

Hi is it possible to have a single level but running at say 50% instead of 100% for longer battery life? Just trying to decide on a new drop in for my 9p I might just do the 3 level again though.

HI

If you are talking about a 9 volt then I do have a one amp driver which is the lowest I have in 9 volt and they can't be adjusted. In a 6 volt model I can go 750ma

Dave

msim

Enlightened

Got my single mode drop in. Beam of the smooth reflector looks really nice. I still love my OP version too. Can't wait to walk the dog late tonight and see how it performs!

Can't believe I ordered this Monday and it's in my host Thursday. Awesome service!

Sparky's Magic

Enlightened

Runtime XP-G2, 5000K, On High, EagleTac 2500mAh. (white wrapper with blue top)

4.19V. freshly charged, cold.

3.76V. @ 1hour, cold.

I repeated this runtime with the same results. Down to about 3.7V. the 2500mAh. cells are slightly better than the 3100mAh. E/T's, which came as a surprise. The 3100mAh. cells were down to 3.64V. after an hour - I thought it would be the other way around (?).

JJay03

Newly Enlightened

Any one have beam shots with the smooth and OP reflectors? I might have to get both.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Supporter

Got my single mode drop in. Beam of the smooth reflector looks really nice. I still love my OP version too. Can't wait to walk the dog late tonight and see how it performs!

Can't believe I ordered this Monday and it's in my host Thursday. Awesome service!

Hi

I try hard to ship same or next day but it is deer season. :) The Op version does give a great blended beam but I love the hotspot with the smooth.

Thanks

Dave

91FromStars

Newly Enlightened

I like the 2.8-6.0 volt 5 levels *moonlight, low low, low, med, high* 1.5 amps only driver, but can it be used with the Q2 3000k 7A3 90 CRI led you have listed in your other thread?

brandini

Newly Enlightened

If I desire to replace the driver, what diameter does it need to be? I'm starting to think memory is more of a hassle than helper.

JJay03

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for answering my questions I sent the money to your paypal.
XP-G2 R5 flux 3D tint 5000k
2.8-6 volts 1.4 amps
3 levels * low, med, high *
OP reflector
Thermally potted

Latest posts